Hotels near Los Angeles port?

My husband and I are taking a 4 night cruise on Monarch out of Los Angeles in August - to San Diego, Catalina Island, and Ensanada.

We are going to fly into LAX on Saturday before the cruise, which departs on Monday.

Anyone have any suggestions on good hotels? An ocean view would be nice, since we live in landlocked Dallas.

We have stayed in the Costa Mesa/Newport Beach a few times when my husband was on business trips and we loved the area. But it seems like a long drive to get to the port.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

My husband and I are taking a 4 night cruise on Monarch out of Los Angeles in August - to San Diego, Catalina Island, and Ensanada.

We are going to fly into LAX on Saturday before the cruise, which departs on Monday.

Anyone have any suggestions on good hotels? An ocean view would be nice, since we live in landlocked Dallas.

We have stayed in the Costa Mesa/Newport Beach a few times when my husband was on business trips and we loved the area. But it seems like a long drive to get to the port.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The double tree in San Pedro

we have always found the park and cruise package at the Doubletree to be the best value. For $169-189 you get the room, a bottle of champagen, breakfast, a shuttle and parking during the cruise...the big value is the parking and not having to pay at the port

If you're going to be in the area for a couple of days and want to see the sights, then I would suggest Santa Monica...

Great to see you posting again Matt :)

we have always found the park and cruise package at the Doubletree to be the best value. For $169-189 you get the room, a bottle of champagne, breakfast, a shuttle and parking during the cruise...the big value is the parking and not having to pay at the port

We were going to do this last December and changed our plans when we checked in. If you live in CA I can see that being a great option. With us that last thing we wanted to do was wait to get off the ship and then wait for the shuttle. We like to get off, get in our vehicle and start our long drive home :D

###

We are staying at the Hyatt in Long Beach. For $40 additional you can get the Regency Club which is on the executive level and gives you breakfast and evening appetisers i.e., shrimp, lamb chops, etc. and drinks.

Thanks for posting the great information! I'll be going out of LA on the Mariner next summer, and I hadn't started researching what my options are yet. This will give me a great start!

Archived