Marriott Costa Rica

SantaAna,CA

Hi, anyone stayed here? The one near San Jose. It looks nice, I'm planning on staying a few days before my Panama Canal cruise. Also wondering how far it is (taxi cost) to the port in Caldera? Thanks so much!

Jane

I'm not sure which one you're referring to, but if its Los Suenos Marriott, my sister stayed there in late 07 and she had absolutely nothing but great things to say about it. Beautiful resort, great food and would stay again. If you're a beach person, the beach isn't so great right at the resort but you can easily get to Jaco for that.

If its not the right place..sorry. :confused: But I don't think you can go wrong with any Marriot in CR. They're charming & the surrounding areas offer much culture.

Hope you enjoy your stay in CR and your cruise!!.

• 2 weeks later...

We have not stayed at the Mariott San Jose but have stayed at Los Suenos twice and loved it. We took a van to Los Suenos (near Jaco), stayed for three days and then took a van to Caldera (about an hour). I think it is about 120 for a van to Los Suenos - we are planning to do this in February. There is plenty to do and see in that area

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a land vacation in CR. Stayed at the Marriott in San Jose 2 nights. Nothing short of spectacular! The buildings and grounds had a rustic charm, but the rooms were new and modern. Might very well be the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived