Urgent: cabin changed on Jade before sailing to cabin under gym :(

Hi all, cruise newbie here;

I need some help urgently with our honeymoon cruise booking.

I booked a cabin on Jade back in November 2007 for June 13th sailing - a particular AF minisuite, nice quiet one under the library and 231 instead of 218 sqft - through and online travel agent, and have since received all the edocs for this cabin, printed luggage tags, etc. Booked it with an online US travel agent.

I logged onto the NCL site the other day to find my cabin has changed. And to my horror, on googling the cabin it has changed to I find this post on this board:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=775423&highlight=11516

Where someone has swapped out of the cabin we've been swapped into because of fears over noise. Clearly I don't want a noisy cabin under the gymnasium in the morning for our honeymoon!!!

I could understand if I'd booked a GTY cabin, but I've had my cabin allocated since Nov '07! All the way up til 21st/april (when I printed the edocs) I still had my original cabin.

NCL won't talk to me about the booking - how I have tried on the phone with them with no joy ("we can't discuss that with you" - which seems ludicrous). The travel agent are being very polite about it and the guy I've been talking to has my side, and says NCL have messed up, but as yet I seem no closer to getting any resolution (I logged my complaint at the TA originally on Monday, and we sail in less than 48 hours now). NCL are supposed to be calling the travel agent this morning - but I have no clue that this is going to go any better than the previous discussions they've been having.

What else can I do??? I'm pretty upset as you might imagine.

I'd really appreciate any advice.

Thanks!!!!

Hi all, cruise newbie here;

I need some help urgently with our honeymoon cruise booking.

I booked a cabin on Jade back in November 2007 for June 13th sailing - a particular AF minisuite, nice quiet one under the library and 231 instead of 218 sqft - through and online travel agent, and have since received all the edocs for this cabin, printed luggage tags, etc. Booked it with an online US travel agent.

I logged onto the NCL site the other day to find my cabin has changed. And to my horror, on googling the cabin it has changed to I find this post on this board:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=775423&highlight=11516

Where someone has swapped out of the cabin we've been swapped into because of fears over noise. Clearly I don't want a noisy cabin under the gymnasium in the morning for our honeymoon!!!

I could understand if I'd booked a GTY cabin, but I've had my cabin allocated since Nov '07! All the way up til 21st/april (when I printed the edocs) I still had my original cabin.

NCL won't talk to me about the booking - how I have tried on the phone with them with no joy ("we can't discuss that with you" - which seems ludicrous). The travel agent are being very polite about it and the guy I've been talking to has my side, and says NCL have messed up, but as yet I seem no closer to getting any resolution (I logged my complaint at the TA originally on Monday, and we sail in less than 48 hours now). NCL are supposed to be calling the travel agent this morning - but I have no clue that this is going to go any better than the previous discussions they've been having.

What else can I do??? I'm pretty upset as you might imagine.

I'd really appreciate any advice.

Thanks!!!!

So sorry that you are having this problem!

Since you booked through a TA...they HAVE to handle it. It is their responsiblity!

I always book directly with NCL...no problem.

Booking directly with NCL, NCL will handle the problem but since you booked through a TA - the TA MUST handle it.

I have a feeling that your TA booked a Gty., even though you did NOT.

Your TA MUST handle this...ask to speak to a supervisor/manager. Do NOT let them get away with this.

If you had your cabin number booked..fight for it.

Good Luck;)

I'm sorry this happened. Can you switch to another cabin? Or the original one. Why didn't your TA notice?

I don't know why our TA didn't notice - on their online cruise itinerary page it still lists our original cabin. NCL have our email address and certainly didn't email before the change - despite having printed the EDOCS and completed the passenger registration process for the original cabin. I'm trying to get our original cabin back (I don't see why I should have to try - it was "ours" to start with - but it doesn't seem so simple) or another cabin - but the ship is basically full now it seems and I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

If worse comes to worst, you will have something to tell your children about! Your mom and I honeymooned on a cruise ship under a gym, but...we still had a great time; didn't even hear the people working out as we had worried about! :) :o We took our own class on workouts!;)

Life is too short; don't stress! In 10 years you'll be laughing about it.:D

So sorry that you are having this problem!

Since you booked through a TA...they HAVE to handle it. It is their responsiblity!

I always book directly with NCL...no problem.

Booking directly with NCL, NCL will handle the problem but since you booked through a TA - the TA MUST handle it.

I have a feeling that your TA booked a Gty., even though you did NOT.

Your TA MUST handle this...ask to speak to a supervisor/manager. Do NOT let them get away with this.

If you had your cabin number booked..fight for it.

Good Luck;)

I disagree a bit on the "only the TA can fix this" - at the end of the day NCL reservations actually took the payment from me, I'm travelling on an NCL ship, so in such a dire situation they could at least tell me what is going on? Surely that is a matter of courtesy to a customer who has paid them a significant amount of cash?

At the point we did the booking we chose an actual cabin, and all the way through the information was for that cabin (down to the edocs which include cruise ticket with that cabin number) - with no mention anywhere on the NCL site or edocs afterwards of GTY booking - so I'm pretty certain it wasn't a GTY cabin.

I don't know why our TA didn't notice - on their online cruise itinerary page it still lists our original cabin. NCL have our email address and certainly didn't email before the change - despite having printed the EDOCS and completed the passenger registration process for the original cabin. I'm trying to get our original cabin back (I don't see why I should have to try - it was "ours" to start with - but it doesn't seem so simple) or another cabin - but the ship is basically full now it seems and I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

A) Your TA should have noticed. (That's why you booked through them) and that is what they are getting paid for.

B) NCL would NOT have notified you, since you used a TA they would notify the TA..seems the TA dropped the ball.

Good Luck

We've had a stateroom under the gym before and it really was not an issue.

Perhaps there was a double booking on the room, which left them with no choice to move someone. Whatever the case and as others have stated, your TA needs to straighten this out IF there's any possibility of change.

I think as honeymooners you'll have far better things on your mind. TRY to enjoy your cruise no matter what!

If worse comes to worst, you will have something to tell your children about! Your mom and I honeymooned on a cruise ship under a gym, but...we still had a great time; didn't even hear the people working out as we had worried about! :) :o We took our own class on workouts!;)

Life is too short; don't stress! In 10 years you'll be laughing about it.:D

Of course you are right, but we are light sleepers and it is the principle which is so annoying, plus the attitude so far of NCL to us on the phone when they surely can understand how important this is to us. To add insult to injury they didn't even move us to a cabin of the same size! (it is around 7% smaller).

I disagree a bit on the "only the TA can fix this" - at the end of the day NCL reservations actually took the payment from me, I'm travelling on an NCL ship, so in such a dire situation they could at least tell me what is going on? Surely that is a matter of courtesy to a customer who has paid them a significant amount of cash?

At the point we did the booking we chose an actual cabin, and all the way through the information was for that cabin (down to the edocs which include cruise ticket with that cabin number) - with no mention anywhere on the NCL site or edocs afterwards of GTY booking - so I'm pretty certain it wasn't a GTY cabin.

I disagree also...NCL took the payment from the TA (who booked the cruise) NOT the passenger! Therefore the cruise line deals with the person/TA who paid the fare.

If YOU book direct with NCL and you pay your deposit..NCL deals with you. If you book through a TA, the passenger pays the TA and the TA pays the line...making the TA responsible...not the passenger. NCL could spend hours talking to the passenger and TA. TA paid the fare...NCL talks to the "payer"

NCL deals with the person who paid the cruise...in this case, the TA.

I've always booked directly with NCL...NEVER a problem.

But, I've read plenty here on the boards where passengers paid a TA and lost their cabin.

Best to know your TA;)

We understand why you are upset, but IF there are no other cabins as an option what is ANYONE supposed to do? Bump someone else out of their cabin to start the snowball effect, just to appease you?

There have been booking issues quoted here, where families had adjoining staterooms to begin with. Yet one was changed and they ended up on completely different decks. Mistakes happen and someone suffers unfortunately.

Maybe the TA made a mistake. Maybe there was a computer glitch. Whatever, something went wrong. Only your TA can go to bat for you. They were the booking agent.

My SO has been using my computer. I did post about "making the best of it", so to speak. However, I would be very upset that my cabin had been changed. Our next cruises are booked with a local travel agent (we switched from NCL) who has been very remiss in her job, IMO.

The cruise we booked for a repo in 2009 was booked with an online TA. Again, I'm concerned. I prefer dealing with NCL directly unless I book with an advertised cruise from the travel agency. But...I get no respect! :p Rodney D.

I disagree also...NCL took the payment from the TA (who booked the cruise) NOT the passenger! Therefore the cruise line deals with the person/TA who paid the fare.

If YOU book direct with NCL and you pay your deposit..NCL deals with you. If you book through a TA, the passenger pays the TA and the TA pays the line...making the TA responsible...not the passenger. NCL could spend hours talking to the passenger and TA. TA paid the fare...NCL talks to the "payer"

I'm not trying to split hairs here; however you aren't wholly understanding what I've said.

YES the booking was made via an online travel agent through their website (which has live cabin updates from NCL). One of the big selling points is that NCL reservations themselves actually take the deposit and final amount from the credit card, NOT the TA. I know this as I have the credit card bill in front of me.

I repeat, the Deposit and final payment were both charged to my card by NCL reservations, NOT the TA, hence my frustration with NCL's attitude.

We understand why you are upset, but IF there are no other cabins as an option what is ANYONE supposed to do? Bump someone else out of their cabin to start the snowball effect, just to appease you?

There have been booking issues quoted here, where families had adjoining staterooms to begin with. Yet one was changed and they ended up on completely different decks. Mistakes happen and someone suffers unfortunately.

Maybe the TA made a mistake. Maybe there was a computer glitch. Whatever, something went wrong. Only your TA can go to bat for you. They were the booking agent.

I'm sorry; on this one the OP is correct. This would be a MAJOR screw up in my book. Someone needs to fix it!

That level of explanation from them would be nice - but I am completely in the dark. At the moment all I get is "your cabin has changed, NCL messed up" from the TA. NCL just about was prepared to admit the cabin had changed on the phone - that was all they would say.

I'm sorry; on this one the OP is correct. This would be a MAJOR screw up in my book. Someone needs to fix it!

Of course it's a major screw up by someone or something; never denied that! But would bumping someone else out of a cabin THEY expected to have be the right thing? Didn't I read the ship is booked to capacity or at least in this category?

I had filled out our Advanced Guest Registration online for our cruise last November, only to return to print it out and find someone else's address, DOB and Passport # in my profile! There obviously was a computer glitch, but that was something that could be fixed.

Perhaps this situation cannot be fixed without affecting someone else. KWIM?

I'm not trying to split hairs here; however you aren't wholly understanding what I've said.

YES the booking was made via an online travel agent through their website (which has live cabin updates from NCL). One of the big selling points is that NCL reservations themselves actually take the deposit and final amount from the credit card, NOT the TA. I know this as I have the credit card bill in front of me.

I repeat, the Deposit and final payment were both charged to my card by NCL reservations, NOT the TA, hence my frustration with NCL's attitude.

I'm not trying to "split hairs" also and, believe me, I am so sorry for your trouble...especially for a honeymoon! I would be frantic:eek:

I would help you, if I could.

But...bottom line...you booked through a TA and ONLY they can help you. Once you book through a TA...NCL will only deal with the TA.

The main reason we book direct with NCL.

You will love the cruise and the ship no matter what cabin your are in.

Congratulations and Good Luck.

Relax and enjoy your cruise:)

Of course it's a major screw up by someone or something; never denied that! But would bumping someone else out of a cabin THEY expected to have be the right thing? Didn't I read the ship is booked to capacity or at least in this category?

I had filled out our Advanced Guest Registration online for our cruise last November, only to return to print it out and find someone else's address, DOB and Passport # in my profile! There obviously was a computer glitch, but that was something that could be fixed.

Reading the post linked to in my original post - this actually seems like what has happened to me! Someone has complained in May 08 to their TA about the cabin they chose, when the boat was already full (I booked in November 07) - and now I find myself in that cabin? Hrmmmmm... sounds fishy to me.

Reading the post linked to in my original post - this actually seems like what has happened to me! Someone has complained in May 08 to their TA about the cabin they chose, when the boat was already full (I booked in November 07) - and now I find myself in that cabin? Hrmmmmm... sounds fishy to me.

Get on that...NOW;)

Perhaps they booked with the same online TA? Hmmmmm.............

You're right! Maybe we can all go to SONIC, have a late night chili/cheese hot dog, and enjoy the cool breeze. It was 96+ degrees here today. Hot enough to wilt anyone I'm thinking!

I don't think they serve popcorn however.

But, they do serve limeades!

And, seriously, I think someone should be able to fix the problem!

No one should have to be stressed out about their honeymoon for goodness sake! Except for...you know. Oh, I forgot, "you know", is a thing of the past for the most part.:p

Perhaps they booked with the same online TA? Hmmmmm.............

If that is the case the TA certainly aren't admitting it - and with NCL not prepared to discuss the matter how can I get to the bottom of it - other than knocking on people's doors on the cruise... which I'd rather not do.

Archived