1-Day Post Cruise NYC - Luggage Question

CAmd

We depart the Caribbean Princess June 13 and will walk off the ship with all of our luggage. Our flight (on US Airways) doesn't leave until 8:45pm on the same day out of LGA. Any recommendations on where to store luggage while we sightsee in NYC for the day? We will dock at the Brooklyn Pier.....(cab to LGA & check luggage? pay for day rate at Manhattan Hotel?) I'm looking for ideas. There are 4 of us so we have ~6 bags. Plan to take taxis to/from attractions - Ellis Island, Times Square, etc... Thanks for any advice.

When we stayed at the Pennsylvania Hotel near Madison Square Gardens they had a luggage room for people that were checking out of the hotel, but not leaving until later in the day. There was as a small fee to leave your bags for the day. I don't know if they would allow you to use it for an additional fee, but it might be worth a phone call to check it out. If they won't, I would check with several other hotel. Also check with the Chelsea Star. It's a smaller hostel and they may be more likely to allow this since they don't have has many guests to accommodate. Good Luck.

OK so you got me thinking. We are going to be in the same situation in July. We are taking the train so I hope we can check our bags in early, but if not I don't want to drag them around NYC. I did some checking and found jsrentalocker.com they are on west 36th. If you google rent a locker in NYC you will find several locations to choose from. This might be a better idea then the hotel. Thanks for bringing up this questions now I'll be more prepared also ;)

What about the shipboard service that allows you to have Princess check your bags in for you? So, all you would have to do is leave the bags (with the special check-in tags) outside your rooms.

I would call Princess to confirm you can do this that far in advance of your flight

OK so you got me thinking. We are going to be in the same situation in July. We are taking the train so I hope we can check our bags in early, but if not I don't want to drag them around NYC. I did some checking and found jsrentalocker.com they are on west 36th. If you google rent a locker in NYC you will find several locations to choose from. This might be a better idea then the hotel. Thanks for bringing up this questions now I'll be more prepared also ;)

Penn station has a baggage check facility....

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=am2/am2Popup&code=NYP&full=y

Archived