Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean Cruise

JHol

Hi Everyone,

I am from Britain and my family and I are flying to New York to join this cruise in July:) . Is there anyone out there who has been on this cruise:confused: ? We are travelling with a 17year old boy:eek: is there enough on board to keep him occupied and interested? Are there usually any other British on board?

My husband and I have sailed to the Caribbean before with P and O, we found that when we arrived in port there were plenty of taxi cabs available to take people on tours at a lot less than the on board tour prices, will this be the case on this tour?

Hope someone can advise me

Thanks

JHol

Let us know what ship you'll be on and what ports you're going to. Then it will be easier to answer your questions. There are always LOTS of cabs at all the ports and, tour operators - but we like to plan and contact them before we get to the port. You should also go to the Roll Call here on cruise critic and 'meet' other people who will be sailing with you. From the roll call we have planned and gone on tours together.

We are very experienced cruisers and no longer take any of the ship's tours. We have found you can do the very same tours the ship offers for a lot less $$$ (often 1/2 of the ship's price) and usually with fewer people. We've done cave tubing in Belize, snorkled and fed turtles in Barbadoes, swum with the rays in Grand Cayman and whenever we're in St. Martaan we take the local minivan buses almost any where we want to go for a total of $1.25 (US), etc., etc. The tour operators are very much aware to make sure they get you back to the ship in plenty of time before the ship leaves! Let us know if you have more questions and have a great day!

Archived