specialty restaurant for 9 ppl.?

I was anticipating reserving a table for our girls cruise in September, and I just read that the on-line reservations can only be for parties of 6 or LESS. Anyone have different info on this? How would you suggest getting a table for 9? Do I have to reserve 2 tables ( a 5 top and a 4 top for example?). If I called C&A, would I have better luck, or is on-line the only option for advanced reservations?:confused:

You should go to Chops or Portofinos just after getting on board. I have been on a few cruises where large (larger than 9) groups were seated. I'm sure they wouldn't want to do a large group more than once maybe a night so that's why I say book asap. Or try emailing or speaking to someone at RCCL Crown and Anchor.

I would call and change/make the reservation, here's the number:

Food & Beverage

Q: Can Specialty Restaurants reservations be made by phone?

A: Yes, you can call 1-800-398-9819 in the U.S. or Canada.

We had a party of 10 and the service was wonderful. All of the servers help so everyone was served at the same time.

###

I assume I may not reserve by phone until 10 days prior to sailing? I think I may call, and if they don't let me reserve for 10, I will go ahead and do the 5/4 thing and finalize once we're on board. I don't want to take the chance of not getting the night we want, what ever that may be! With 10 ladies together, the decision process should be interesting!!!;)

thanks again!

We've never taken a large group to an RCI specialty restaurant. But on Serenade this March there were 2 groups at least the size of the one you're planning for. Much bigger than that and I perceive they have a hard time accomodating.

We were a party of 10 on the Enchantment last October and wanted to celebrate a special birthday of one of our friends. We went to Chops the day we boarded and made the reservation. They were very happy to oblige, however, they said we had to make it for either 6 p.m. or 8 p.m., since that was when they'd best be able to accommodate such a large group. Initially we asked for 7 p.m., but ultimately went with the 6 p.m. reservation. And it was well worth it. They went out of their way to make this birthday party very special, including a glass of champagne for everyone "on the house." All the waiters and the head waiter in Chops came to serenade the birthday girl. It was an exceptional evening.

Karen

Archived