Snorkeling in Belize

kwnancy

What is the best excursion (most in the water time) Turneffe or Goff's Caye? We are cruising on the Glory, August 9th. Thanks

Goff's Cayes for sure, this tiny island called Gilligans Island sits right by the barriers reefs and has some great reefs not far from the beach to check out.

Fred

Goff's Cayes for sure, this tiny island called Gilligans Island sits right by the barriers reefs and has some great reefs not far from the beach to check out.

Fred

With who do you all recommend - the ship, or privately? I am going on the Miracle in February.

thanks enjoyinglife

With who do you all recommend - the ship, or privately? I am going on the Miracle in February.

thanks enjoyinglife

A group of us from our Glory Roll Call in 2007, went snorkeling in Belize, and we went to Caye Caulker.

We booked it through Coral Breeze dot com. They are a great company, and very professional!

We all had a fabulous time, and when we go on the Legend next May for a reunion cruise, we plan to do it again!

Try it, you won't be sorry!

thanks float'n fanatics and drdaddy. I will look them up. Have any of yall ever snorkeled both in Costa Rica and Belize? If so, was one better?

The reason I am asking is that I love to snorkel, but hubby is not as fond. That means I usually try snorkeling at one port and do something else at the other ports.

Thanks, Enjoyinglife

If you do Goff's Caye in Belize, you can snorkel from the boat a ways off shore and he can stay on the "island" and snorkel from the beach if he wants or not if he doesn't. Not much activity there if he is not a beach type person. There was a little grill/snack bar area though. It is not very big but the water is FANTASTIC.

If you do Goff's Caye in Belize, you can snorkel from the boat a ways off shore and he can stay on the "island" and snorkel from the beach if he wants or not if he doesn't. Not much activity there if he is not a beach type person. There was a little grill/snack bar area though. It is not very big but the water is FANTASTIC.

I never considered this before. Thanks, I am looking into what we will do. Tonight when I was asking my 15 year old some questions and mentioned to him that I wanted to go snorkeling, he said, "again?" WE do it on every cruise! It looks like I am the only one who really loves snorkeling. May have to skip it or let both of them have a beach day while I snorkel.

Again, thanks!

Goff's Caye. We took the snorkelling excursion through the ship. My absolute bestest most favorite excursion ever. So far ;)

--we saw a spotted eagle ray - 6 ft wing span - in the flats around the island as we approached...breathtaking ... even the boat's crew were impressed.

Just got back a couple weeks ago and the Best snorkeling was with Hammerheads booked trough Coral Breeze. So professional.

They also take the non snorkelers to Bannister Caye for a beach break and then those that want to go snorkeling go and then come back to the beach.

Archived