halifax & Titanic-any private tours?

I want to do a tour similar to what the ship is offering for Titanic buffs, but I'd rather not be herded around with a busload of people-I want to take my time at each stop, and not have to strain to hear what the guide is saying. Does anyone know of someone who does a private Titanic history tour?

I want to do a tour similar to what the ship is offering for Titanic buffs, but I'd rather not be herded around with a busload of people-I want to take my time at each stop, and not have to strain to hear what the guide is saying. Does anyone know of someone who does a private Titanic history tour?

The Titanic exhibits are at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic which is within walking distance of the pier and on the waterfront. After you took your time there you could get a taxi to take you to the cemetery where the Titanic graves are located. It is called Fairview Cemetery and the section where the Titanic victims are buried is clearly marked. It is only about a 10 or 15 minute car ride from the museum so it shouldn't cost too much. Any taxi driver would know where to find it. It is quite a moving experience.

There is a company called ambassador tours "they company with the kilts" hope I can mention that name on this board..since they are not a TA they are out of Halifax, have tours going everywhere, and I'm sure can offer you what you want..

Pier 21 is a must for Titanic buffs, and the Maritime Museum is loaded with history, as well as the Citadel..

Archived