Inflatable pool question...

spider731

Hey all,

We have a 5 year old with special needs who is not yet potty-trained. We were told we can bring a small inflatable pool for him to play in since he won't be allowed in the regular pool. I'm afraid if I have to inflate this sucker daily by hand I may stroke out!! :eek: :eek: We were going to bring a hand pump with us, but was wondering if there was access to a pump on board? The less we have to pack the better! :) Also, is there an area where we will be able to fill the pool, or do we need buckets?

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing and willing to share any secrets or tricks?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

I think most people inflate it once and then just store it against a wall or in the shower. There are no pumps for our use on board. I think I've read that someone tipped their room steward to inflate it, but I would just do it myself. There is no special area to fill the pool, as it's not a common thing, but I used a bucket that I'd brought for sand play, some borrow one from the bar (I'd tip them for this). Just a few buckets has been enough for some splash time.

Also, one thing to consider - I stopped bringing one even though one of my girls still isn't potty trained. We end up finding so much else to do on sea days that there isn't time. We do pool time at a resort during shore stops, so bring it, but you may not be using it every day anyway.

Have a great cruise!

Best,

Mia

That's a great point and you're probably right about finding other things to do. The entire ship experience may be a bit of sensory overload for the little guy.

I think, for instance, he would go absolutely nuts in the arcade. The only problem is we may need an armed guard to get him out of there...;)

Thanks for the info and advice.

Archived