Scuba Excursion with Carnival

t_nix

I was wondering if any of you have done scuba diving with Carnival, esp in Belize and Honduras. I want to know if it is worth the money and if the equipment appeared to be up to par. Also, what all is included in your equipment? Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Tiffany

I was wondering if any of you have done scuba diving with Carnival, esp in Belize and Honduras. I want to know if it is worth the money and if the equipment appeared to be up to par. Also, what all is included in your equipment? Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Tiffany

IMO Belize was definitely worth it. Haven't done Honduras yet. I had my own gear but the equipment provided definitely seemed up to par. It's a full kit (wet suit - IIRC, but you don't really need it, mask, tanks, weights, gages, snorkel, regulator, buoyancy vest, fins). If you want to use a computer bring your own.

I did use provided gear when I dove Grand Cayman, but that was with NCL. That was totally fine though and I suspect that a lot of the dive shops service more than one cruise line. (Grand Cayman was also a stupendous dive, may have been better than Belize - although it's close).

Part of it will, of course, depend on which site you get to dive. But it's all good :) You won't regret it. I'd dive Belize again anytime. And I'll dive Honduras when I get there.

Happy diving!:cool:

If you go to the bottom of this page you will see a forum jump. Open it and scan down. You will find a SCUBA/snorkeling board. You'll find many divers on there that will be more than happy to help.....

Tiffany,

I have dove both and it is well worth the money. I how ever have use ShoreTrips.com and never had a problem. I don't like the cruise ship because they end up being cattle boats. I love to dive not Mooing.

Bob

Haven't used shoretrips but have to agree about the cattle boats. Dove with the ship twice, both times in Belize. We did not enjoy the cattle boats. Last year on the Legend a woman, who was a very bad diver, nearly kicked my reg out of my mouth as she tried to slam me into the bottom. She was not paying attention to what or whom was around her - very dangerous!!!

Tiffany

We have done both trips through Carnival on our Glory cruise. We normally book our own but both ports were new to us, so we went with the ship. We have and use our gear but the ones that rented their gear had no complains with it. Both ports use very good shops. We though the Belize trip was a little expensive, $150 pp, but Hugh Parkley (sp) treated us well. Both trips gave us some great diving. We liked Roatan better. At Roatan, they used Allen Key Resort and we had no complains at all. They have a very nice dive resort and large clean boats. Niether trips were cattle boat dives. In fact, they weren't even half full on the days we went. HP seperated the groups. Cert. divers, snoklers, and resort divers, each had their own boat. You didn't ask but, If you are going to Cozumel, set up your own dives. There are just too many good shops there. Also, a couple on our cruise used the ship at Coz and hated it.

Archived