Transfer NC credit to Celebrity?

Does anyone one know if I can use a Next Cruise booking number for a Celebrity cruise? More spefically, transferring a RCCL reservatioin made with NC booking credit to Celebrity. If the answer is yes, will Celebrity honor the OBC.

Thanks for your help.

Does anyone one know if I can use a Next Cruise booking number for a Celebrity cruise? More spefically, transferring a RCCL reservatioin made with NC booking credit to Celebrity. If the answer is yes, will Celebrity honor the OBC.

Thanks for your help.

This is a very debatable subject and my suggestion would be to call C&A or Celebrity.

I can tell you that the OBC on your Celebrity cruise will be determined by the cost of the cruise fare and not by the number of nights sailing.

Hi,

I have also booked a future cruise reservation while on the Legend of the Seas this past April. According to the sales person onboard, you are able to transfer this booking to any RCL or Celebrity booking.

However, a few days ago, I tried to book a Celebrity cruise for next year using this future cruise reservation and my travel agent said I could not. She said that I'm not the first person who have tried to do this and Celebrity will not honor it. At one time, this was possible, but not now.

You might want to double check, but I believe you cannot transfer this booking for a Celebrity cruise.

Twee

I have asked this question on two different RCL cruises because we were thinking about maybe trying a Celebrity cruise and the LA both time said no but we could book a next cruise with celebrity on the ship.

We just purchased to $100 future cruise certs on Millineum in March. We asked if we could use them to book a cruise this month on Adventure of the Seas and we were told they could only be used on Celebrity cruises.

We were able to transfer our previously paid deposits from a Celebrity Solstice cruise that was booked for March 09 to the RCI AOS cruise this month. But these were just regular deposits for which we paid via credit card, not using future cruise certificates.

I'm not sure if these rules would apply from RCI to Celebrity, but I imagine they'd be the same.

Karen in Kentucky

The answer is yes you can transferr it, but no OBC. We did just that while we were on the SOS this April. We transferred a IOS TA 09 to the TA Equinox as it was such a good price. The next day we got a note in our cabin saying:

"The booking we moved to Celebrity the other day has been declined the Onbaord Credit. This is due to the fact that the orginal booking was done using the Next Cruise for with Royal Carribean. When doing a Next Cruise form this can not be switched to Celebrity as they have their own "open booking".

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you."

So with this information we decided to switch back to the IOS as we would recieve OBC, balcony discount and concierge. We would have gotten get our Stock OBC though.

Archived