Number of Carnival Cruises

In the context of a CC thread, talking about how many cruises one has been on is interesting. But one thing I hate when I go on cruises is being asked "How many cruises have you been on?" I really hate answering that question because to me it really doesn't matter. There is no status attached to the number of cruises a person has been on. I'm more interested in finding out where some one is from and how they are enjoying the cruise they are presently on. I frequently answer the question of "How many" with "a few" or "not enough". Three times in the past week while talking to friends in normal conversation, without mentioning vacations or cruises, I was asked "So, when's your next cruise?" It just makes me uncomfortable.

Some of us are a little older, some of us live closer to the ports, some of us are in position to go more frequently than others. For me, it is living an hour away from the port. And of course, many of us look for good deals

by booking early.

There's an elderly man who frequently is on the the Fantasy. He is in his 90's and he is known by the Fantasy staff as "Old Man Wiggle". He has been on cruises so many times that the cruise directors know him personally. I think he has been on 125 cruises. I'd just like to live as long as him and be able to be that active.

Bottom line is that we have something in common - we enjoy cruising. It doesn't matter if you have a red and white sail and sign card, a golden one or a platinum one. We share an interest in travel and in cruising.

Number of cruises? Not enough.

Well, I for one enjoy asking "How many cruises have you been on and telling "How many cruises I have been on". It's really just a way to start a conversation sometimes.

Four for me, next one will be Carnival Valor on 9/21/08. My first was on Carnival's first ship, the Mardi Gras in the early 70's. I remember that we had bunk beds. I had the top bunk and in the middle of the night it started to fold up into the wall and I thought the ship was sinking! Nevertheless, we had a great time!

Just curious, how many carnival cruises have you cruise lovers been on? I've been on two and they were the best vacations I've ever been on, by far.

In the context of a CC thread, talking about how many cruises one has been on is interesting. But one thing I hate when I go on cruises is being asked "How many cruises have you been on?" I really hate answering that question because to me it really doesn't matter. There is no status attached to the number of cruises a person has been on. I'm more interested in finding out where some one is from and how they are enjoying the cruise they are presently on. I frequently answer the question of "How many" with "a few" or "not enough". Three times in the past week while talking to friends in normal conversation, without mentioning vacations or cruises, I was asked "So, when's your next cruise?" It just makes me uncomfortable.

Some of us are a little older, some of us live closer to the ports, some of us are in position to go more frequently than others. For me, it is living an hour away from the port. And of course, many of us look for good deals

by booking early.

There's an elderly man who frequently is on the the Fantasy. He is in his 90's and he is known by the Fantasy staff as "Old Man Wiggle". He has been on cruises so many times that the cruise directors know him personally. I think he has been on 125 cruises. I'd just like to live as long as him and be able to be that active.

Bottom line is that we have something in common - we enjoy cruising. It doesn't matter if you have a red and white sail and sign card, a golden one or a platinum one. We share an interest in travel and in cruising.

Number of cruises? Not enough.

I LOVE telling everyone how many cruises I have been on! It is not to be seen as "oh I have been on more then you so you suck!" It is more so we can compare which islands are the best! We talk to people about all the different places we went to, what we did at each island, if we went back, what should we do, etc. I love love love cruising! That is all I think I will ever do for vacations! I live in Queens, NY, about 20 minutes by car (on a good day) to the NY ports. I don't really want to port out of NY because I don't want to be at sea so many days. I prefer to fly down to Florida, so i can have my choice of variety of places to go.

But to answer the main question, I have been on 3 Carnivals, 1 Royal, and will be taking our first Disney next year. We are also taking our first European cruise on Carnival next year! So yeah I am cooler than you!:p

Just curious, how many carnival cruises have you cruise lovers been on? I've been on two and they were the best vacations I've ever been on, by far.

I"ve been on 13 ..my 8th Carnival is in 3 weeks :D and the others were

1.RCCL

2.Norway

3.Big Red Boat

4 & 5 Can't remember ..I was just a kid!!

Archived