Calgon Take me Away!!! Please tell me about the Spas!!

mobbie

I've had the foot reflexology, and it was amazing!! :)

If you are going on one of the Jewel Class ships, it is soooooo worth it to buy the pass for the week!!!! I wish I owned one of those hot tile loungers!!!! Yummy....:p

A long time ago when I cruised disney, I fell in love with the spa 'area' there....wonderful place to chill and there were 3 or so different 'scented showers'....

One was mint. It was fabulous and I have not seen anything like it since!

The tiled loungers sound fabulous!

Hubby and I greatly enjoyed our "Couples" 25 minute upper body massage at the Mandara Spa, as part of our honeymoon package (really our anniversary). The hot gel they use is very aromatic and feels so good. Completely non-greasy too; massage and go - if you're still awake. The gals gave an excellent massage in our book!

I love the hot stone massage, but also like the seaweed wrap...really takes away aches and pains as well as helps your skin stay soft for about 2 weeks after...only thing, don't do it until late in the cruise because you really need to stay out of the sun for 24 hours!!..Also, your first night on the ship will be the best time to sign up for use of the spa facilities daily..especially nice and quiet way to relax on a busy ship..Not sure on Jewel class but the Dawn class ships have a pool, hot tub and thallasotherapy pool in the spa area.

I had ~an hour long tri-treatment. It was a special running during embarkation (though your reservation could be for any day) for a "pick three" of certain treatments. I think mine was a mini-facial, massage and hand & foot treament (basically just a hand & foot massage). I enjoyed it, especially for the price ($79 or $89 I think). I then bought a few products and got a free 30 minute hot stone massage. OMG, it was amazing. I've had a lot of regular massages before, but never a hot stone.

That being said, there was a livid woman in the spa the day I was there that said her massage was horrible and the staff was being uncooperative about compensating her for her time and money.

I get the thermal package on every cruise which is use of the spa facilities for the whole cruise. Charging extra for this has been the subject of debate on the board but it has had the desired affect which is maintaining a relaxing environment. The pass gets you a locker and a robe and use of the sauna, steam room, whirlpools, and heated lounge chairs. The area is only available to people getting treatments or who have the pass. The pass is $20 a day or $75 a week.

When I was on the Jewel March of 08, I treated myself to an assortment of spa "Treats". It was a total of about 10 different treatments, scalp massage, facial, hair treatment, hand massage, foot massage and some others I can't remember. The total time was about 90 minutes. And it was terrific! I definitely recommend it. I remember when we boarded the ship, the spa was offering tours and if you booked a treatment for that night or the next morning, you were given a special deal. I waited until later in the cruise for my spa day. I will not make that mistake again! I found the treatments so relaxing, I wish had done them earlier in my cruise.

I also purchased a day pass to the "Thermal Suite". It was a wonderful way to escape the crowds as there were not many people in there.

Sounds like something to do whilst docked at the private island!!

I think I will book something! Thanks!

Note, no cruise ship ever docks at their private islands.

The anchor at them, and tender passengers ashore using boats.

I have cruised 3 times and the first time I took advantage of the spa was on the Pearl. I got a week long spa pass which included both hot and dry sauna (great views from the dry sauna) a plunge pool, a thalasotherapy pool which is awesome, individual hot tubs, and heated ceramic tile loungers that are the best things in the universe. For the entire week long cruise it was $75- I was there everyday and will never cruise again without getting a spa pass. My husband ( who is not a spa type) got a pass because we were in Alaska and the weather was a bit cool outside) he loved it too.

I've been trying to locate info on the "spa pass" on the NCL site... to no avail.

I'm cruising on the Jade in December and would love to know more about this spa pass. What exactly does it entitle you to?

Any info - or where to go to find it - would be great!

Thanks!

Archived