Tabayan beach ??

GottaLoveIt

I posted this on the Roatan thread with no response... so I thought I would give it a try here:

What is the closest hotel to Tabayan beach that has day passes?

How far of a walk is it to Tabayan beach from a nearby hotel?

How much to rent snorkeling gear?

How much for the day pass?

And is there umbrellas/trees to provide shade on the beach?

How much for a taxi to take you to the West End from the cruise dock? We have 14 people so any suggestions on transportation is much appreciated.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions.

Melissa

I posted this on the Roatan thread with no response... so I thought I would give it a try here:

How much for a taxi to take you to the West End from the cruise dock? We have 14 people so any suggestions on transportation is much appreciated.

Melissa

Have you researched what your cruise line offers?

Virtually every cruise offers a "tour" to Tabayana Beach. They run a shuttle bus that staggers return times.

That's convenient if some in your party want to return at different times.

I haven't been there for a while, but there probably are still chairs and shade. There's also a concession stand with snacks and full meals.

The tour price is low enough that it's probably less than renting a bus, and a lot more convenient. Our tour price included lunch.

Snorkeling from Tabayana Beach is excellent.

I agree with Stevesan. We just went to Tabyana Beach as part of a tour while on the Carnival Valor. I think it was $40/pp. There were plenty of trees to offer shade, and some people dragged chairs to the shade. There were plenty of chairs on the beach. There is a place to rent snorkel equipment ($10-$15), and the snorkeling was great! There are also people on kayaks to tell you how to get out to the best areas.

With a group of 14, I would definitely do a tour. It was about a 15 minute ride from the pier to Tabyana, and it didn't look safe to walk it.

Joe

Melissa

If the beach is all you what to do, the ship excursion w/lunch is probably the best. If some what to do other things and the beach, like zip lining, a package with one of the local tour groups is probably better. By getting a local tour you will have use of the van all day to do/go where every you what. I think the cost of the van only for the day is about $20 pp for 6 people. The beach is free but anything else,such as zip lining, is extra. I not sure of any hotels, but you could load up google earth and look around to see if there is any close by and get a link to its web site. Besides its just cool anyway getting a look around the island and seeing whats there.:)

Melissa

did you do a search on roatan boards.. there should be a lot of info there.. i don't remember the taxi cost but there are several places close by that i think for 5$ will give you a chaise and umbrella on the beach.. fosters is one of them and the one closest i think is banana bar.. it is a short walk for any of those places to where the snorkeling is .. walk towards the end where the rocks just out.. the reef is very close to shore and the snorkeling is incredible.... we did a resort/hotel i can't remember the name right now but i did post it on the roatan board and i think we paid 10 per person because my dil mother wasn't snorkeling so we wanted a nice place for her to relax and wait for us... but any of the bar type places along the beach are fine and very reasonable.. i think fosters even gives you a drink included.. the one closest to the snorkeling has the word banana in the name.. .. you will love the snorkeling!!!!

Archived