Spa Services around Merida/Haciendas?

tjcletsgo

I e-mailed them, too. They are VERY speedy with their responses and their prices are much cheaper than the cruise prices. I asked them about the cost for a cab there. They said it was about $25 each way, which isn't that bad. they do have a restaraunt there, which is also nice if we wanted to eat there. We get to the port at 7am so we could easily go, have a couple of treatments and still make it back to the boat by lunch time. We aren't interested in doing the other excursions. Any great lunch places suggestions by the port or within walking distance?

I understand there is a bus to Merida that goes right by the Hacienda.....we were going to look into that (about $5.00 total!). We weren't planning to eat the the Hacienda, we are planning a yummy lobster feast at Le Saint Bonnet, same as the previous poster. Google it and check it out, it's right on the sand and georgous!:p

The cooperativas(public vans) that run to Merida will stop wherever you ask them to. You can pick one up just a block south of the Casa de Cultura on Calle 80. Cost is 13 pesos a person. They are air-conditioned and quite pleasant. You might want to take a taxi back to Progreso - the Hacienda could easily arrange that for you.

Archived