Samantha Brown and Carnival thursday

boatdoc

I think its impossible to know if Samantha's portrayal on this show was her natural personality showing or if she was directed by her producer to act as she did. When I think of the programs she has done on cruising I think she came across as a people person who felt like she was one of the crowd. I didn't get this feel on this program. Hopefully its not a personality change for her, or her looking down on Carnival versus the RCCL crowd.

I think its impossible to know if Samantha's portrayal on this show was her natural personality showing or if she was directed by her producer to act as she did. When I think of the programs she has done on cruising I think she came across as a people person who felt like she was one of the crowd. I didn't get this feel on this program. Hopefully its not a personality change for her, or her looking down on Carnival versus the RCCL crowd.

Yea... I said I didnt really like her or care for her, but i didnt mean it like i know her personally- i just usually find her hokey and a little too much acting innocent.. for all i know she may be.. but this show.. just strange..

way to decide if you will like to cruise......or like a certain cruise line is to GO ON THAT LINE or GO ON A CRUISE........people who look to others to make thier decisions for them are letting life pass them by...[TV SHOWS, NEGATIVE REVIEWS OF CERTAIN LINES BY CC MEMBERS ETC}...........that is like a giving a movie critic the power to tell you if you should or should not see a movie.......come on people opinions are like.......you fill in the blank...................GO TRY THINGS FOR YOURSELF!!!!!! then that is called a PERSONAL EDUCATED OPINION!!!!!!!

way to decide if you will like to cruise......or like a certain cruise line is to GO ON THAT LINE or GO ON A CRUISE........people who look to others to make thier decisions for them are letting life pass them by...[TV SHOWS, NEGATIVE REVIEWS OF CERTAIN LINES BY CC MEMBERS ETC}...........that is like a giving a movie critic the power to tell you if you should or should not see a movie.......come on people opinions are like.......you fill in the blank...................GO TRY THINGS FOR YOURSELF!!!!!! then that is called a PERSONAL EDUCATED OPINION!!!!!!!

...and we all know how wrong most of those movie critics usually are !;)

I thought it was a great show. I don't understand all the negative responses.

Ditto!

I did this exact same cruise. I had a fantastic time despite screwing my back up and having to spend a night sleeping on the floor...

It's not supposed to be a huge adventure filled cruise. It's FOUR DAYS... It's a get away. It's a chance to be on a ship at sea for a few days and just relax.

I thought it was a great show, too. I also thought that the shots of the WaterWorks and the slide were fantastic. I'll take the slide over a skating rink any day...

:)

I agree!

I remember from the first minutes, when she was boarding, she looked dissheveled and tired.

They obviously got on the ship late...she nearly missed sail away and rushed to her cabin.

Maybe she was just NOT in the mood to work that weekend. :confused:

I guess even her job can get old.

I understand why you can't describe it. She was not herself.

She looked positively irritated.

TOTALLY agree.

This is a new series. If you would have noticed in the very beginning she stated how she travels sooo much sometimes she needs to stop.

Thus the relaxing getaway weekends...........

That is what this show is all about..........

OK, I've looked at some exterior photos and the deck plans again, and now I agree with you. The highlighted sentence above is what sold me.

I've never seen one of those suites, but I sure as hell hope the interior is great, because the balcony sucks !

The interior is huge, if I had to guess, probably about 1000 square feet. The large windows that look out onto the pool are the coolest part. I should have tipped the cleaning guy that let me in there to see it, very impressive. Basically, if you were going to host God Almighty on a Carnival cruise ship, you would give him that room. Makes the Cat. 12's look like 1A's.

I think Tom-n-Cheryl have photos on their cruise page.

While that maybe true, its just not reality for most. Commercials and media play such a large part on what people buy and consume.They know that and use it to their advantage.

Vegas and Disney have some many shows on the Travel Channel for a reason, they want people to watch and then book a stay. Many dont have the money to just book something, they want to see it through the eyes of others. Thats why you see so many threads asking "I just book xxx ship on xxx line, will I have a good time" Did I make the right choice?

Is that the best way? Probably not, is it common..well all you have to do is look at this or any other travel board and you will see it is.

OK, I've looked at some exterior photos and the deck plans again, and now I agree with you. The highlighted sentence above is what sold me.

I've never seen one of those suites, but I sure as hell hope the interior is great, because the balcony sucks !

Deck Plans don't seem to show any suites on the Sports Deck. Looks like she was in V42 on Verandah.

Deck Plans don't seem to show any suites on the Sports Deck. Looks like she was in V42 on Verandah.

They're not on the deck plans. If you look at the large white semicircle "around " the atrium on the Sports deck, that's the 2 rooms.

The Owner suites are not marked on ANY deck plan. This is part of all the mystery behind them.

Here is a Webshots album that has a few photos: http://travel.webshots.com/album/83062265UNkoZO (Dated 2003, sure hope the decor has changed.)

They're not on the deck plans. If you look at the large white semicircle "around " the atrium on the Sports deck, that's the 2 rooms.

Ahhh! Secret Rooms. I like it. I wonder what they go for? Nope - I don't want to know:eek:

I love Samantha Brown. However, watching these shows gives you an impression of cruising and vacationing in general that isn't really accurate. Wherever she goes, she is basically by herself. I'll never forget her swimming with dolphins and there was only one other person besides herself. That isn't realistic. Now, we all get it isn't going to be that way, but it still is a little misrepresentative. I'll never forget watching the Princess cruise video, and everybody was frolicking around the boat with just their mate! DH and I didn't find that to be true! And, her whining about people wanting to take her picture annoyed me!

! And, her whining about people wanting to take her picture annoyed me!

I did not see any whining..........

I took it as the people on Carnival are very friendly and they wanted a pic with her............she was a little embarrassed.

She didn't get that when she filmed on the Freedom.......

You didn't catch the whining? OMG! I almost turned it off because of the whining: I guess I can't drink because everybody knows me, I guess there goes my privacy, and on and on and on.

It was a joke................that is Sam.....evidently you have not seen any of her shows.........!

Actually she said so much for my sober moments.......we LOL

I usually love her shows but I was disappointed as well.

We're going on our 1st cruise in August on the Elation & was looking forward to what cruising & Carnival was all about.

I was super excited about our trip & now I'm a little nervous on if I'll like cruising.

Oh well, I'll just have to keep reading the boards becuase that 's what gets me all exicted about our 1st cruise:D

Blondie,

Please don't be nervous about cruising. You are going to love it!!!:o :) ;)

browneyes7:rolleyes:

It was more whining, than complaining. I listed it in a post a couple above.

This is beyond her complaining: did anybody get incredibly claustrophobic watching her in that seaweed contraption? I could never do that. It made me uncomfortable just watching her!

I was going to comment......but...I don't think I need to......rock on:cool:

I think we have all gotten too wrapped up in this business about the lack of ship coverage. I am just as guilty as others. At first I was a little upset that more wasn't shown, but I have been doing some late night caffeine fueled thinking.

I think the reason why they didn't feature the ship more, was because that show wasn't about the ship. It never really claimed to be anyway. It seemed like it was just meant to be part of her new weekend trip series, as opposed to a feature on Inspiration. Carnival played it up to be all about her trip on the Inspiration, but thats their propaganda. On the Travel Channel's commercials for it, the ship seemed to be more background than foreground, save the twisty slide that is.

When she went on Freedom OTS, the point was to showcase the new ship, so thats what she did. This cruse was not all about showcasing the ship. It was supposed to be more of a general overview of what a (presumably new) cruiser might expect on a 4 day weekender cruise. They were using broad strokes, some would say.

Now, the real question is: Will she do a showcasing episode once Splendor or Dream comes out? I hope so.

I think we have all gotten too wrapped up in this business about the lack of ship coverage. I am just as guilty as others. At first I was a little upset that more wasn't shown, but I have been doing some late night caffeine fueled thinking.

I think the reason why they didn't feature the ship more, was because that show wasn't about the ship. It never really claimed to be anyway. It seemed like it was just meant to be part of her new weekend trip series, as opposed to a feature on Inspiration. Carnival played it up to be all about her trip on the Inspiration, but thats their propaganda. On the Travel Channel's commercials for it, the ship seemed to be more background than foreground, save the twisty slide that is.

When she went on Freedom OTS, the point was to showcase the new ship, so thats what she did. This cruse was not all about showcasing the ship. It was supposed to be more of a general overview of what a (presumably new) cruiser might expect on a 4 day weekender cruise. They were using broad strokes, some would say.

Now, the real question is: Will she do a showcasing episode once Splendor or Dream comes out? I hope so.

The next question would be was this idea pitched to Royal and they declined or was the original plan to have this getaway on a Carnival ship.

I didnt like or dislike the show, I guess the Travel Channel got what they wanted out of the deal and Carnival got to show off the Waterpark area.

Archived