4th of July

Just a parade, Disney is the only Cruise Line licensed to shoot off fireworks.

I know that...but maybe they can make some celebration....

I really like the idea of Fireworks...more cruise lines should start with that:D

We've cruised over the 4th many, many times and will again this year. There is not much celebration at all. Certainly no fireworks. They may have an American theme in the dining room that night and will sing Yankee Doodle Dandy, but that's about it. Sorry.

We cruised Monarch in 2006 over the 4th and they had the Centrum decorated and lots of USA and American "stuff" around - food items (they had a Statue of Liberty made out of white chocolate), and decorations all over the place. LOTS of balloons. We were in San Diego that day so I thought we would be able to get some kind of fireworks from the port, but we were long gone by the time the sun went down. Oh well. :)

I will be leaving on the Sovereign on the 4th.....in my dorky 4th of July hat, red, white & blue beads.............................. hopefully I will be able to get a frozen red, white & blue foo foo drink to complete the ensemble. :D

Maybe you all that will be on Sovereign, Liberty, etc. will see something red, white and blue but I don't think I will since I'll be in Barcelona and Brilliance is from RCCL UK and not RCCL US.

well then you should make your own fireworks.....................:D

We live in New London CT. You may be able to see some over the Thames River. Enjoy. We will be in the Caribbean on Freedom. When the Explorer first came to New London last year it was a major media event. People were awestruck on the docks and we were laughing because we had sailed on the Explorer before to the Western Caribbean.

Enjoy.

I'm not American either...I'm Brazilian but for the past few years I've been here on July 4th and now I live here and I like the way you celebrate it...by the end of the afternoon all the fireworks(including the 3 Disney Parks ones:D )....it's a very good celebration.

So let's celebrate

4th of July 2008 on Brilliance of the Seas Barcelona!!!

:D ;) :) :cool:

Archived