Is the Gem really full??

ljrfrm

For about 4 days now, my Gem 7/20 sailing is showing inside, outside and balconies all sold out. The only thing available is one A4 and two A2's. I'm just curious whether these cabins are really all sold or if TA's or online agencies still might have empty cabins that they save until closer to sailing. I've been looking to see whether I might have a visit from the upsell fairy who wanted my nice BA aft cabin in exchange for a suite. Am I out of luck? It's ok if I am, as I got a great price and it looks like my deck 10 balcony is nice and big!

For about 4 days now, my Gem 7/20 sailing is showing inside, outside and balconies all sold out. The only thing available is one A4 and two A2's. I'm just curious whether these cabins are really all sold or if TA's or online agencies still might have empty cabins that they save until closer to sailing. I've been looking to see whether I might have a visit from the upsell fairy who wanted my nice BA aft cabin in exchange for a suite. Am I out of luck? It's ok if I am, as I got a great price and it looks like my deck 10 balcony is nice and big!

It does not look like there are any mini-suites available. TA's would not be holding any unsold suties this close to sail date because they would be under full penalty if they do not sell them.

This is not a Rosie cruise and yes it could be sold out. this is high summer travel time for both US and Europeans and NCL has been trying to sell to them as well. So a full July cruise near the end of June is not that unexpected and since its past final payment date any room that a TA has been holding has been already returned.

...and I thought our deck 9 balcony statesroom was a good size, for 2 adults. With 2 kids it would be a tight squeeze because with the sofa bed opened out there would be no walking space between your bed and the balcony (but the cabin stewards are great and would only open it out when it's time for sleep.) I loved having a balcony cabin, especially when pulling into port in the mornings and for a late afternoon drink. Because the 7 night Western med cruise is pretty port intensive we didn't spend much time in our rooms at all. We came back from the ports, quick shower and straight off to drinks and dinner. I thought a leisurely morning coffee on the balcony would be nice, but not enough time.

My sister had a mini-suite- I'd say they have about an extra 1-2m between the bed and balcony and the bathroom's larger. Would be great to have the extra space with kids but we were very happy with our room. The balcony statesroom bathrooms are pretty small so I brought most of my toiletries and hairbrush etc into the bedroom to have a bit more space for getting ready.

You'll have a great time!!

Thanks Loufiji. I hope you enjoyed the Gem. We are very pleased with our aft balcony - just dreaming of a suite - but it's not in the budget. We plan to spend a lot of time relaxing on the ship - and also dream of sitting on the balcony, drinking coffee in the morning watching the ship pull into port - and drinking a mixed drink in the pm as the ship leaves port. We can't wait!

On a side note, an AC opened up - and one outside on deck 4. I look each day - it's a habit and an obsession now I guess :)

Archived