Pureed food for 9 months old - RCCl

seapad

This is my first time cruising with our 9 month old grandchild on the FOS - RCCL

I do know we need to bring our own baby food, diapers. But does anyone know how, and what can be given by RCCL as far as pureed food?

i,e, can I request prueed food in the dining room?

What kind of food should I ask for, will they accomodate me?

Do I need to inform RCCL before I cruise?

I'm new at this, so any advice helps.

Please share with me your experience. Thank you.

This is my first time cruising with our 9 month old grandchild on the FOS - RCCL

I do know we need to bring our own baby food, diapers. But does anyone know how, and what can be given by RCCL as far as pureed food?

i,e, can I request prueed food in the dining room?

What kind of food should I ask for, will they accomodate me?

Do I need to inform RCCL before I cruise?

I'm new at this, so any advice helps.

Please share with me your experience. Thank you.

what you want to do is email special_needs@rccl.com let them know that you will need to arrange soft/pureed food for a person travelling with you. Give them your name, reservation number, ship name, port of departure and sail date. Ask them what you need to do in order to make sure tht the request get's forwarded to the ship. Then follow thru with whatever they say.

It's best not to say "baby food" because some people at special needs like to respond that they dont specifically make "baby food". I'm pretty sure that their reasoning behind this is that "baby food" is largely un spiced. Any pureed meat you get is going to have spices in it, FYI. The potatoes and veggies will also probably have some salt, and maybe some butter added. If they say they will make you baby food, you may fall under the assumption that there wont be anything added to it, which would be un true.

Just tell them you have a guest with special needs that is going to require pureeed food.

Both times that I requested this (one on the Rhapsody and once on the Voyager) I set it up with the head waiter to have 3 meals delivered to my cabin. Breakfast was at 7:30 am and was to consist of a hard boiled egg (for the yolk) a pureed fruit and a yogurt, any flavor. Lunch and dinner was to consist of one pureed veggie, one pureed meat and one pureed fruit, to be delivered at 11:30 am and 5:30 pm. Meals were to be delivered every day, regardless of weather it was a port day or not.

Be sure to tip your room service person.

Archived