Freestyle Dress

joschwin

THis will be our first cruise on a freestyle cruise. Going on Dawn to Bermuda. Does this mean that you will no longer see men in jackets? Our suits out completely? If I were to wear a dress everynight will I be out of place?

How many of the restaurants do you have to pay to eat there?

Are there enough restaurants to choose from if we did not want to pay any extra fees

Welcome aboard.

Some men still wear suits from time to time, but the numbers keep dropping. Plenty of woman will wear a dress, but the full blown gowns are much less so.

On our recent 19 day cruise, we only ate in pay restaurants 3 nights. So, yes, there are plenty of options.

There are two optional formal nights in which you will see everything from shorts to cocktail dresses. It is rare to see women in gowns anymore. However, that being said we just got back from the dream and my husband did where a tuxedo one night (as did my father). It was a nice picture to have taken.

On a regular night that is optional formal you can really where whatever you want although some of the restaurants will not allow tanks/jeans or flip flops. I found that a comfortable spaghettie strap sun dress was just fine though.

Hope this helps! Have a great time!

Since this is my first cruise and I just confirmed the cruise last night and we sail on June 29th, from NY to Bermuda on the Dawn. Will I recieve an itinerary stating if any of the nights will be formal? I guess my husband can take a suit just in case he feels he would like to wear it. Since we are driving to NY it is easy to do.

No, you will not get a notice before you sail about which night is "dress up if you want to".

Again, some people wear suits, some do not. Some wear them on other nights, some wear shorts.

You will not get anything in advance telling you about the "optional formal" night. There will be at least one -- typically at at-sea night, but you won't know in advance (from NCL paperwork), which night.

It seems that many people dress up just for a dinner and pictures. I saw many on that night change later to something more casual.

A man in a regular suit will definitely look "dressed up" on the ship and if your DH likes wearing suits, he should. It seems with business casual being the norm so much now days in our shore lives, many men "hate" to put on a suit and close that shirt collar and strap on a tie.

Archived