ZipRider in Icy Strait Point

mellitus

Hi all. I just had a quick question for those who have been on the ZipRider in ISP:

How long was the excursion? The website says 1.5 hours. I'm curious if I would have enough time to go on the ZipRider at 8am and still be back by 10am for a different excursion. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!

I did the 8am zipline last year. It all went pretty fast, but being done by 10 might be cutting it close. The ride up to the zipline is like 20 - 30 min, depending on how long they stop for sightseeing. In my case it wasn't long. Then there's a short (but treacherous) walk down to the zipline where they load you in and off you go!

We got to go first because there were only 4 pax on the bus; the rest was all crew.

The biggest delay was that the zipline wasn't 100% ready to go. Because we were the first tour of the day, the staff was still preparing the harnesses and other equipment.

Good part is that when you're done, you land right in the ISP cannery compound and can easily get to where you need to be.

Is it doable? Yes, but you aren't leaving a lot of margin for error.

Hi all. I just had a quick question for those who have been on the ZipRider in ISP:

How long was the excursion? The website says 1.5 hours. I'm curious if I would have enough time to go on the ZipRider at 8am and still be back by 10am for a different excursion. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!

We were at ISP a few days ago.

What if you didn't book with the cruiseline?

Just get off the ship as early as possible, and go on your own.

Not sure what the cruiseline is charging, but it costs $90.00 at the pier.

Perhaps not being with a group will get you through the process quicker.

BTW, the zipline ride itself takes 90 seconds. :D

And, if you are booked in a suite on Celebrity (not sure how the other cruiselines work), you will receive priority tender tickets.

Archived