How far to the pier from Grand Central Station & cost?

pugaddict

We are planning on taking the metronorth railroad commuter train from Poughkeepsie to NYC at Grand Central Station. Does anyone know how far it is to the pierand how much it might cost.?:confused: We are on the Norwegian Dawn.

That's what my friend does - she takes Metro-North from CT into the city. I meet her at Grand Central and we take a cab over to the pier. It's a short ride and will probably cost you $10-13 (including tip) depending on traffic.

We are planning on taking the metronorth railroad commuter train from Poughkeepsie to NYC at Grand Central Station. Does anyone know how far it is to the pierand how much it might cost.?:confused: We are on the Norwegian Dawn.

You can take a cab. There is a taxi stand out on 42nd street. It should cost around $10 with tip at the most. Take 42nd street all the way to the end and swing a right onto 12th avenue you can't miss the ship. If you want to save $10, and have one piece of luggage on rollers, you could walk. I've done that before. It wasn't too bad. They say to try and hail a cab a block or so away from the pier, because so many people are looking for cabs at the pier. I tried that, and couldn't get one. I kept walking and decided to just finish walking to Grand Central.

Archived