Swimsuit

Painter

I would pack a minimum of 3. You will be surprised at just how much time you will spend in a swimsuit. Leave home a couple of day time outfits if you are trying to conserve space.

i agree-- at least three-- that way you will always have one that is dry, and that you feel like wearing...:)

I used to take only one, but started taking two. That has been enough for me. I guess the answer to your question might lie in what types of excursions you have planned and what time of year you're sailing (down there). If you plan to do a lot of snorkeling or beach things, you might be better off with three suits.

and didn't wear either of them, even once.

We spent three days in Sydney before sailing, and while we visited both Manly and Bondi beaches, we weren't there long enough to go swimming.

There weren't any swimming/beach/snorkeling tours off the ship, and the weather on sea days was overcast and windy.

It was a great trip, don't get me wrong, I loved it. It just wasn't a beach/sun/sand/surf type of vacation.

When are you sailing?

T

Hi thank you everyone for your thoughts on the subject.

Trevoli...we are sailing from Auckland to Sydney in January. It is summer time but I have been told the weather can be cool even in January in New Zealand. I will be making the most of the spa ...not that interested in the pools.

Marleneann.

That is a good reason to take older suits, or at least inexpensive ones. The chlorine in the spas can ruin a suit. Even if you are not going to the pool or beach, I would still take a minimum of 2. Sometimes they can take a while to dry and it's not like a swim suit takes up a lot of packing space.

Gotcha. In that case, I'd agree with posters who said take at least two. And if they are suits you don't particularly care about, so much the better. At the very least be sure to rinse in cold water thoroughly between wearings.

We only spent one day in Auckland (our departure day).

It started out nice, was very hot and humid, then began to rain hard, for hours. Luckily, our tour was over, and it started raining on our way to the hotel where we were "stored" until it was time to go to the airport. Lots of delays getting to the airport, but didn't miss our flight.

We did miss our flight out of LA, but that's another story.

I hope you enjoy your trip as much as I did. I fell totally head-over-heels in love with Sydney.

T

Archived