Sabatini's

Cruisin Rick

Since we've never tried Sabatini's, I have a few questions for those who are experianced.

I know most say they make reservations for dinning at Sabatini's but is it possibe to walk up and get a seat? Im not sure of how big the dinning room is and how many they can serve. Do they sell out all seating every night?

We'd like to try it on formal night. Will it be difficul to get seating?

Thanks,Rick

the number of tables in Sabatini's varies with the ship's age and size. I see you are booked on the Star, and am not familiar with Sabatini's on that class. It's smaller on the Island Princess than the Diamond or Sapphire.

You can always walk up and take your chances, but I would think that strategy is more likely to be successful the first night of the cruise. After that it gets booked up.

If you really want to try it, I suggest you call the dining number the minute you get to your cabin and make a reservation. You can always cancel, but please do so in a timely fashion so that others can be accommodated.

You might be able to walk up and get a table on the first night of the cruise, but generally Sabatini's fills up pretty quickly.

It doesn't always look full - as there are often empty tables - but they work to the kitchen's capacity not the seating capacity.

If you cancel you may be charged unless you cancel at least 24 hours ahead - but why cancel?

Best suggestion is to book as soon as you board - that way you get the best choice of times.

Enjoy - I think that Sabatini's is one of Princess' highlights - together with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner - both offerings you will not find on any other cruise line.

Emerald Princess has the definitive Sabatini - in a new location just under the Skywalker - facing out onto a patio area with fountains, you would think you were in Italy.

Just beware - don't eat all the bread at the beginning - you get more than enough to eat - so don't think you must finish every item - have a taste of everything and above all....

Enjoy !!!!!

We just dined there in early May...Wonderful experience...Sabatini's and Sterlings had a table set up on the main deck near the Calypso bar on the Lido deck to make reservations. We boarded the ship early, by 12N and made it up to the Lido deck by 12:30pm. No problem getting a reservations but a lot of the later times were already book as well as tables for 2. We did eat there on formal night as did many others, 90% of the people there were decked out. It's a great place for a special occaision, but do watch out with eating too much bread or appitizers. Also be prepared for a long dining experience, your not going to get out of there in under 2 hours, so just relax and enjoy your dinner.

You might have better luck at Sabatini's on formal night than other nights.

However, it is rare to be able to walk up and have a table available. The restaurant is small and dinner takes about two hours. If your heart is set on it, make reservations.

We've always made reservations as soon as we got on the ship and I can't tell you how many times we've spoken to people who didn't have reservations and said they tried to get the and there were no reservations available.

We did a Baltic cruise on the Crown a couple of weeks ago and ate at both Sabatini's and the Crown Grill. There were plenty of empty tables at both places. Excellent meals and an incredible amount of food at Sabatini's.

I've a reservation on the Emerald next April. If I've read these posts correctly, one can/should make a reservation at Sabatinis for any night of the cruise the first day?

The reason I ask, is that on other lines, one could only make a reservation for that night's dining, either for 6 p.m. or for 8 p.m., but nothing in the way of future nights. I showed up bright & early to make a reservation and there was already a long line. Fortunately I was able to make a reservation for 6 without any difficulty; other than the long line at the maitre'd's station.

Best suggestion is to book as soon as you board - that way you get the best choice of times.

Enjoy - I think that Sabatini's is one of Princess' highlights - together with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner - both offerings you will not find on any other cruise line.

Just beware - don't eat all the bread at the beginning - you get more than enough to eat - so don't think you must finish every item - have a taste of everything and above all....

Enjoy !!!!!

I totally agree with these sentiments! We ate at Sabatini's last month on the Sapphire Princess. It was fantastic. Well worth the $20.00. I told the staff that if you could find a similar restaurant on land it would cost you $200.00 to eat there. I would gladly pay $200.00 and I'm a known cheapskate!!:)

Well maybe not gladly but I would pay.

Archived