seattle wine shops near pier

obperal

We are going on Holland America in Aug.. DH & I are wondering is there wine shop like total wine in FLL we can buy or order in advance on internet. Thanks:) .

There are no state stores close to Termnal 30. The closest one is at 2nd and Seneca in downtown,, and I do not believe that the state has internet shopping. Nor are there any grocery stores closer than about five miles away that would have a selection of some wines only. Hard spirits must be purchased from the state.

There are a couple of wine shops not far from Terminal 30 where HAL departs. You could conceivably have a taxi stop there en route to the pier and wait while you run in for your shopping.

http://www.seattlewineoutlet.com/

http://www.esquin.com/

If you're visiting Seattle at all before your cruise, the Pike and Western shop (in the Pike Market) is very highly regarded. http://www.pikeandwestern.com/

There's a State liquor store on 4th Avenue S. and Massachusetts (a little past Safeco Field) that's actually quite convenient to T30. Note the State liquor stores' wine inventory is pretty pathetic compared to proper wine merchants.

If you have time and maybe a rental car, there's always Costco (also on 4th Ave. S. a mile and a half farther south than the State liquor store.) You could also buy some tires or 12 doz. cans of tuna while you're at it.

Thanks Karen. I read another post back in 2005 that they got some Washington wine from the shop in the market, Delauenti Specialty Food & Wine.

Do you know this shop? We are not interested in hard spirit, just wine. Last question: How far 2nd & Seneca from Marriott waterfront? Is it a walkable distance, or there is a downtown transportion access?:confused:

I read another post back in 2005 that they got some Washington wine from the shop in the market, Delauenti Specialty Food & Wine.

Do you know this shop?

DeLaurenti is a grocery market at Pike Place Market and they have a lovely wine department with a ton of selection. Not so sure on the advance ordering on the Internet .. I really doubt it. As another poster on this thread said, there is also another wine store at Pike Place Market.

Wines are available at the state liquor stores (called Liquor and Wine), but they are also available -- and usually in higher variety and selection -- at grocery stores ... Safeway, etc. Another good place to look, if you're near Seattle Center (Space Needle) is the Metropolitan Market on Denny. They've got an excellent selection as well.

We are going on Holland America in Aug.. DH & I are wondering is there wine shop like total wine in FLL we can buy or order in advance on internet. Thanks:) .

Give Pike and Western a call (206) 441-1307. Tell them you are going on a cruise and would like them to pick out some wines for you. They give a 10% discount if you buy 6 bottles or more and 15% for 12 or more. You can stop by and pick them up when you go to Pike Place Market.

Archived