A couple questions about cococay

twinkle toes

How long does it take to walk all the way around Cococay? Are there any critters (snakes, etc.) that you have to be careful of if you walk into the middle off of the beach? When do they usually bring the food off the boat to the island? Thanks.

We didn't walk around the island. We went as far as the kayak's. Its a small island.

We saw no snakes. We did run into a chicken and rooster. They wern't afraid of us.

They had everything set up for the lunch buffet at 11:00am. YUMMY

The trail is a couple of miles round trip. It's really beautiful, so walking slowly and stopping to take in the spectacular scenery, it's probably about a 45-60 minute walk.

Only critters we saw were the aforementioned chickens and some little gecko's and iguanas.

island supplies (food, etc.) off loaded prior to pax tendering, so by the time you arrive on island, they are ready 4 u. CoCo Cay remains a fav "port", even tho it's totally a contrived experience. we like to be on the 1st tender to go ashore and on the last to leave. we bring bug spray (for possible sand fleas), a cover up for swimming (sun will burn you to a crisp and tho some shade is available, in the water is so wonderful and that's where you can get burned. strap for your sunglasses and a hat that can get wet - snorkeling is good for those who like that, but the float mats are a good buy for the day! it's really a very delightful day (especially when the weather cooperates). beware that jellies are almost always about, year round, but are "in season" around September so you might want to pack your preferred jelly-remedy.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
We did not see any snakes or wild beasts! Here is a map of the island and pictures we took last January. Map Pictures

Your pictures are great!

CoCo Cay is by far one of my favorite places. I'm considering a 3 day cruise in January to go back, I enjoyed it so much! It's just a mellow stop, and one of my favorite memories is napping in the hammocks. They really did a great job setting up the area.

And I'll second the hermit crabs.. there were a ton!!

Archived