Sub excursion, through cruise line or on your own?

CP3o

I'm not as interested in any price difference as any efficiencies in getting it done and getting on with our day. Is either way or the other likely to spend less time in a line waiting for turn on the sub? Thanks.

I'm not as interested in any price difference as any efficiencies in getting it done and getting on with our day. Is either way or the other likely to spend less time in a line waiting for turn on the sub? Thanks.

I noticed online reservations are just "morning" or "afternoon". Has anyone made those reservations and done a tour? Long lines? I guess I was thinking of morning sub excursion and the rest of the day on the beach but if everyone does that........ Would it be better to do beach first and get back before traffic gets bad, making an "afternoon" reservation? From what I understand, Atlantis sub excursion is very near the port. Is the dive clearer in the morning than afternoon? Thanks.

We made our reservations directly from the sub company. Like you, we wanted to get an earlier start. So we were on the first sub and spent the rest of the day on an independant chartered boat. It worked out great. We reserved in advance and the sub wasn't full. I think we also saved about $10 per person doing it this way.

We made our reservations directly from the sub company. Like you' date=' we wanted to get an earlier start. So we were on the first sub and spent the rest of the day on an independant chartered boat. It worked out great. We reserved in advance and the sub wasn't full. I think we also saved about $10 per person doing it this way.[/quote']

Thanks for the feedback, thats good to hear. Was there any worry about what if the ship doesn't make the port or anything? I liked that it was a "morning" reservation instead of a specific time if it was hard to catch a tender and get off at a certain time but also wondered if all the ships in port and their excursions had priority and their arriving group could bump ahead of the bystanders with "morning" reservations. Did you happen to have a lot of other ships in port that day?

We made our reservations directly from the sub company. Like you' date=' we wanted to get an earlier start. So we were on the first sub and spent the rest of the day on an independant chartered boat. It worked out great. We reserved in advance and the sub wasn't full. I think we also saved about $10 per person doing it this way.[/quote']

Who did you book through? I sent some emails to Atlantis but never got a reply...kind of worries me if they won't reply. Any help would be appreciated.

Archived