Has anyone used SorrentoSilver in Naples ?

We are thinking of rather than hiring a private driver to Naples (Pompeii) from Rome, we will take the train.. is it a bit less expensive? I am thinking that the driver will just use the freeways and not stop, so what is the difference? Then when we get to Naples, hire someone from Sorrento Silverstar tours and have them take us to Positano,Sorrento and Pompeii... afterwards rolling back on the train to come back to Rome... Thoughts??

Thanks

Tory

• 2 weeks later...

To Newbie2468-

I was thinking about using Sorrento Silver Tours too..and am disappointed that you have not gotten any feedback. I am curious to find out if you have booked with them or are you using another company?

Thanks!

CatF

No I haven't booked (we are not going until next JUne) however, I have tons of replies from various companies and I have researched my hours away ! It seems as though Romein Limo does the best job... however..I just heard from FrancescoMarscapeo (not sure of the spelling) and he seemed delighful. I heard from Marcello but what I read he seems not as flexible.. and then APtours got rave reviews...yikes... there are so many and being that it may happen only once for us (we think) I want it to be the right tour!..Have you found out anything? Oh, I also have been in contact with I.C.Bellegio who seems to be very "put together" as far as a total package.. but they are also expensive (about 15% more).. but were talked about on the "Today Show" by Peter Greenberg..so who knows..

Let me know what you decide... when are you going?

Thank you for your reply Newbie. We are going on October 18th on the Voyager of the Seas. We have another couple who is interested in possibly sharing the tour with us, though additional interested parties would be most welcome to keep costs down. I am trying to find a company that does a good job, is reliable, but not out of sight in terms of expense. (I think everyone is looking for that ideal agency to use!) RomeinLimo looked promising but is more expensive than some others. We don't need the "grandest" tour. We are not planning on going to Pompeii but just the Amalfi Coast but I understand most companies will accomodate for that. If you settle on a company, could you let me know...I would be most grateful to use your expertise from your research.

With Thanks, CatF

Archived