Jade Aft Balconies?

conchqn

Just returned from Jade cruise. We were in BA 10668. The verandas on the 10th deck are larger than those on the 9th and the 9th is larger than the 8th. Ours was 10 feet by 71/2 feet (DH measured it). We were 1/2 covered and 1/2 not. When we arrived we had 2 chairs and a small table. We asked the steward for a lounger (plenty of room) and it arrived while we were at the life drill.

JADEcabin9168.jpg

Thanks for uploading pic of JADE, i can now see where my cabin will be for August......So excited now!!!!

We had cabin 9168 booked and upgraded to an AF on deck 11. We are celebrating our anniversary and thought we would splurge. I am also very excited!!! See you onboard at the meet and greet!!

Linda

JADEcabin9168.jpg

Thanks for uploading pic of JADE, i can now see where my cabin will be for August......So excited now!!!!

Wow, someone painted graffiti on the ship. :eek: I wonder how they got away with it? :confused:

theduffys, I am booked in 10168. Were you happy with the cabin? How did you enjoy the cruise and the ship? Pat

Loved the cabin (on the small size but more then adequate) and were exstatic with the large balcony. The cruise was great in every way. The ship was wonderful--BIG but wonderful!! I'll let you in on a little secret. There is a door at the end of the short hall to your right. Go through there and up 2 flights and you are at the great outdoor cafe. Saves a lot of steps. It says "staff only" but our steward told us about it.

Loved the cabin (on the small size but more then adequate) and were exstatic with the large balcony. The cruise was great in every way. The ship was wonderful--BIG but wonderful!! I'll let you in on a little secret. There is a door at the end of the short hall to your right. Go through there and up 2 flights and you are at the great outdoor cafe. Saves a lot of steps. It says "staff only" but our steward told us about it.

i am booked in this room for a Dec 12th cruise.

can you tell me where the "pull down" bed is located?? we have 4 in the room, me, DH, DS(4) who will get the sofa bed and DD(6) who will get the pull down. We're just wondering where, exactly, it pulls down from... and what it covers.

Do you think the sofa bed will fit 2 little ones?

and - finally - i've heard mention that when the sofa bed is out, you can't access the balcony... did you find that at all?

Any and all insights are totally appreciated!

:D

Theduffys, Thanks for the tip! Two more questions, please? Was the covering over your balcony enough? (Or should I think about changing to Deck 9) Also, did you have any problem with soot on the balcony? Thanks, Pat

Since there were only 2 of us, we did not use the sofa bed or pull down bed. The sofa is a double and I think it would be fine for 2 little ones. When the sofa is open it will be a tight fit to get past it to open the balcony door I would think.

Pat--the covering was very adequate and we never saw any soot at all

i am booked in this room for a Dec 12th cruise.

can you tell me where the "pull down" bed is located?? we have 4 in the room, me, DH, DS(4) who will get the sofa bed and DD(6) who will get the pull down. We're just wondering where, exactly, it pulls down from... and what it covers.

Do you think the sofa bed will fit 2 little ones?

and - finally - i've heard mention that when the sofa bed is out, you can't access the balcony... did you find that at all?

Any and all insights are totally appreciated!

:D

The pull down beds are in the ceiling close to the corners.

Archived