Shipboard Airline Check-In??

mjcandlelady

Thanks to everyone here ... it makes waiting to get on the boat bearable!!!

My DH and I are sailing the Sar for a R/T Alaska out of Seattle for our 10th wedding anniverasy!!

I noticed that one of the Shore Excursions mentions "Shipboard Airline Check-In".

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this and if it available to persons not taking the excursion.

Our flight isn't until latter in the day, but we would like to Seattle on our own ... without our luggage!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

On the cruise I took in Jan. we left and returned to San Juan... I'm just a newby at this cruising stuff but I believe that option is open to everyone. Our flight out of San Juan was not until 5pm and we docked in the AM... not realizing we would get off so soon we had nothing planned (we came in 2 days early so saw everything) but still did the airline baggage check.

The night before you place all your luggage outside your room (everyone) and they collect and sort it out by deck so when you get off the boat you go to your color designated area and pick up your bags. After you've found your bags there will be a station before leaving the gates to do the airline baggage check... so we walked our bags over and they took our bags and placed the tickets onto the handles... I think we had to show paperwork that we selected airport checkin(can't remember)... we also checked in through the boat. We just kept our backpack and a carry on with us and could have easily walked through Old San Juan again. At the airport we skipped the check in station and walked straight to our terminal. This was a very nice feature that allowed us less worries.

Oh, make sure you have all your paperwork and not wait until the last minute to go to the desk, the line was long since everyone was trying to settle last minute credit problems, etc.

Jamie

I went and read that excursion out of Seattle and it is for people who want to do a tour then go either to the airport or if they have a stay at the hotel. I read the description of the excursion and it is very easily explained on what will happen. That additional payment is for the transfer and easy check to the airport. It also lists the airlines that in the program. Hopefully you are on one of those. If you wish to do that excursion just purchase it ahead of time and once on the ship just make sure during the cruise that you will receive your boarding pass. A notice will go around explaining the plan. I would go to the shore excursion desk once on board and see how they will handle getting the boarding pass to you.

Marilyn

On my recent cruise, there was something called "E Z ChecK" - this may be what you are referring to. People offered this option (we weren't) were given all their boarding passes, etc., on the ship and their luggage was taken directly to their flight. Hopefully someone will be able to provide you with more details.

Archived