Dress or Not on the Dawn ??

Hi , Sailing on the Dawn 6/29/08. My wife , son and I are talking about not getting dressed formal for this cruise. All though we will dress neat, no jacket and tie.

Has anyone sailed the Dawn recently and not dressed formal? Will we feel out of place? What about the captains night? Will we not be able to eat in certain restaurants ? Cagneys, etc ?????? :confused:

Thanks,

Kevin

you can see a similar post today abotu dawn dress code.

i was just on this ship last week and didn't opt to dress up. on the formal-or-not night i wore a skirt and top and my husband wore khakis and a short sleeve polo shirt (collar w/ 3 buttons = polo right?)

we ate early that night and only saw 2 groups formal. later in the night we saw more formal groups but it seemed like the least number of formally dressed people on any of the (few) cruises i've been on.

you definitely won't feel left out.

i'll also comment that i only ate in the non-fee places so maybe somebody has different opinions on the fee-places - maybe they'll say everybody in there was dressed up - i don't know. but since the formal night is the lobster in the main dining room night, i'm guessing you'll probably go there(?)

Hi , Sailing on the Dawn 6/29/08. My wife , son and I are talking about not getting dressed formal for this cruise. All though we will dress neat, no jacket and tie.

Has anyone sailed the Dawn recently and not dressed formal? Will we feel out of place? What about the captains night? Will we not be able to eat in certain restaurants ? Cagneys, etc ?????? :confused:

Thanks,

Kevin

All formal nights on all NCL ships are OPTIONAL in all dining venues. Resort Casual is acceptable in all venues on all nights.

The optional formal night is called "Dress up or not Night" and you will only find about 50% of the passengers dressed up and that will range from a few tuxes down to mostly suits and shirt/tie. The other 50% will be in resort casual. Most of the resort casual will be polo shirts, dockers/kahki pants and sneakers. This dress code is allowed in all specialty and main restaurants. Jeans are allowed in all dining venues, including specialty restaurants, with the exception of one main dining room which will be designated "no jeans."

Although shorts are not allowed in the dining rooms for dinner, recent reports from several NCL ships are showing that this is not being enforced.

That is the joy of Freestyle, the opportunity to dress as you want and not be out of place and still be allowed to enjoy all of the dining rooms. (including Cagneys...)

So dress as you want and not feel restricted!

Just be ready.. the "cruise fashion police" (aka "noisy busybodies") will be on here shortly telling you how you will ruin their meal if you don't dress up......

We just came off the Dawn June 15. We dressed resort casual throughout the cruise. I wore capris or a skirt with a pretty top and sandals.My hubby wore docker pants and a shirt. He was thrilled not to wear a jacket or suit. I would say 75% of the people were casual. We saw a few suits, but not many. Be comfortable and have a Great Cruise. An added plus was, it really cut back on the items packed.

Have Fun!

Bella

Archived