New to boards: have an announcement

Here we go again, a TWE bash...

I hear ya...some people have a right to complain though, that is for sure! Most people forget that TWE is not the only "bad guy" and does not make all the rules and decisions. And...contrary to popular belief, their buisness moto is not to "rip you off" and ruin your wedding. Oh please don't flame me... ;)

Don't forget to blame the cruise lines because THEY are the ones who dictate when & where couples get married and then inform TWE, they are the ones who ban other professional photographers and they are the ones who hire the DJ's and set the standards. They are the ones who decide if special requests can be granted, etc. TWE is a wedding vendor for all the cruise lines and in many cases, their hands are tied. If you are unhappy, definitely take it up with the cruise line too!! BTW - Not all of the DJ's are useless. As many as there are bad ones who won't do announcements and such, there are good ones who will do whatever the couple wants. If your DJ refuses to announce, then ask your officiant or coordinator to make the announcements for you and they will be happy to help! I know the whole situation stinks and I wish you all the best! PS - Some venues on the ship don't have the power or equipment to be able to use an IPOD or MP3 player. At least that is what I've been told.

The more I go through in planning my gosh darn cruise wedding, the more I am starting to find that no one answer anyone gives to you is really final and definite. I have no doubt that every one of us who is planning a cruise wedding will make eleventy thousand phone calls to travel agents and to TWE to get any real answers. If my posts or answers that I provided from the responses that I have received have created anxiety, I apologize. I just wanted everyone to be forwarned about the answers I was getting so that you all could take steps toward getting what you want for your wedding. Bottom line is that none of us should just settle for the responses that we are getting. I will continue posting the answers I get from both TWE and my travel agent as a courtesy to all of you who are still in the midst of planning. I hope you all will do the same since this has been the only place where I have been able to get any help in planning.

Don't forget to blame the cruise lines because THEY are the ones who dictate when & where couples get married and then inform TWE, they are the ones who ban other professional photographers and they are the ones who hire the DJ's and set the standards. They are the ones who decide if special requests can be granted, etc. TWE is a wedding vendor for all the cruise lines and in many cases, their hands are tied. If you are unhappy, definitely take it up with the cruise line too!! BTW - Not all of the DJ's are useless. As many as there are bad ones who won't do announcements and such, there are good ones who will do whatever the couple wants. If your DJ refuses to announce, then ask your officiant or coordinator to make the announcements for you and they will be happy to help! I know the whole situation stinks and I wish you all the best! PS - Some venues on the ship don't have the power or equipment to be able to use an IPOD or MP3 player. At least that is what I've been told.

hollidaygal used to work for TWE.

that fact has already been uncovered....:rolleyes:

I DO blame the cruise lines....for contracting with such an incompetent outfit!

littlegirlbigmouth is only posting the frustrations that she is having with TWE.... And she is entitled to do that, and those of us whom have encountered the same will gladly chime in and support her.

It's been said before, and I will say it again....not everyone has a great experience with TWE. That is why the "bashing" threads happen.

But, in as much as the people who have good experiences are allowed to post glowing reviews, the people whom have bad experiences are allowed to post their truths as well - and shouldnt be chastised for it!

Here we go again, a TWE bash...

Not sure how I was bashing TWE. Truth is, you can't pick your time, location, DJ, bring your own photog, talk with your on-location WC, etc. How is stating the rules set forth by TWE and the cruiselines "bashing" them?

**stepping on soapbox**

This is so outrageous. I cannot imagine having to use TWE for my wedding (which is why I made other arrangements). The bride/groom have almost no say in what goes on for their own wedding!!! Want to bring your own photographer so that you have the ability to meet with them ahead of time and view there work? Nope, TWE won't allow it. Want your wedding to take place at a specific time? Nope, TWE decides what time your wedding happens, but they won't let you know until days ahead of time. Want to decide the location of your wedding? Nope, TWE decides that too. Want to use an iPod instead of their crappy overpriced DJ? Nope, can't do that either. Want to speak to the ACTUAL WC who will be there on your big day to discuss arrangements? Nope, you have to talk to some yahoo in a call center to make arrangments. This is so ridiculous!! So, is this going to be the day the brides have always thought and planned it to be? Maybe, but it will be simple coincidence because everyone knows that TWE dictates nearly everything that happens, when it happens, etc. God bless all brides who are able to tolerate this stupidity, because I know I never would!

**stepping off soapbox**

If you can't sense the bashing in this entire post then i can't help you. But if you need a little clue, how about this line... "God bless all brides who are able to tolerate this stupidity."

I don't think its bashing, just realization that TWE can be a pain to deal with. They are a business that is obviously looking for money- like businesses should. I think Princess brides deal with a lot of their unnessasary crap. For instance: TWE claims you ONLY need a one hour reception. I don't want only 1 hour, I want 2 hours. I do blame the cruise lines for going through this crap company when all they do is up charge way too much and will lie out of their butt to make money. There is just not a consistent pattern with them.

I haven't really had a BAD situation yet per say, but that because I am going through my TA to organize the reception.

But I can understand the frustration from other brides.

P.S. I do think 300.00 is unreasonable for a DJ when its only 80.00 through Princess.

If you can't sense the bashing in this entire post then i can't help you. But if you need a little clue, how about this line... "God bless all brides who are able to tolerate this stupidity."

My point is that I feel badly for brides who are forced to deal with TWE and their non-sensical rules simply because they want to get married on the ship and have no other options. Of course wedding planning can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be this way. Of course TWE is a business and businesses need to make money, but private WC's have businesses too. The difference is that privtae WC's HAVE to provide good service because it is their reputation that brings in more business. TWE knows they are the only show in town, so they don't have to offer anything. Besides, TWE has done some VERY unethical things with some of us, and there is no excuse for that. EVERY SINGLE request that I have made to my private WC has been replied to with a "You can have whatever you want. Just let me know and I'll make it happen." That is the service I am paying for, and that is what I expect. I have yet to encounter brides who have had a GOOD experience with TWE. Many tolerate them, and "in the end" everything seemed to turn out ok, but I haven't met any who felt that TWE exceeded their expectations. For the money people pay for TWE's services, they deserve A LOT more than what they get. If you feel that I am still bashing them, so be it. I have no qualms about sharing my experience with TWE, but I do have a problem with brides getting ripped off.

Congrats on your wedding...Thanks for the great info... they really make it sound better than what it will be I guess=( Any other helpful info would be great if you would like to share!

Heatther

My wedding was wonderful and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Please email me at:

dianne@gyomlaidotcom

replace dot with .

:)

Hi ChrissySDMT! :) Congratulations on your wedding. I am getting married onboard on November 18th. Are you getting married at port or onboard? We're pretty excited about the onboard wedding.

I'd love to talk more with you about your planning experiences so far. Is there an email address where I can reach you?

Hi ChrissySDMT! :) Congratulations on your wedding. I am getting married onboard on November 18th. Are you getting married at port or onboard? We're pretty excited about the onboard wedding.

I'd love to talk more with you about your planning experiences so far. Is there an email address where I can reach you?

Hi there! We're getting married in St. Thomas, in port. Would love to talk to you more about your planning, dress, what you still have to do, etc. My e-mail is chrissysdmt@hotmail.com

hollidaygal used to work for TWE.

that fact has already been uncovered....:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone has forgotten that and I will state it again...I used to work as a coordinator on the ships and I still have friends at TWE. That's how I can answer questions and such. Trust me, I know more about how things work than the brides on here and I don't lie. Take my advice or leave it. It's up to you. I just want to help and I enjoy it!

littlegirlbigmouth is only posting the frustrations that she is having with TWE.... And she is entitled to do that, and those of us whom have encountered the same will gladly chime in and support her.

It's been said before, and I will say it again....not everyone has a great experience with TWE. That is why the "bashing" threads happen.

But, in as much as the people who have good experiences are allowed to post glowing reviews, the people whom have bad experiences are allowed to post their truths as well - and shouldnt be chastised for it!

We know...you've stated this a million times. Bash away, I don't really give a damn.

We know...you've stated this a million times. I didn't chastise you. Bash away, I don't really give a damn.

Sorry for the double quote...I edited the first one while waiting for it to post and it posted twice. Please understand, I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion and many brides have had bad experiences. Many have not too. I just want to help and clear up any confusion. That's what this board is all about! I am not the bad guy.

Hello everyone!

I am new to the boards, so I wanted to introduce myself and share some information that I just recently received. My fiance and I are getting married in the Crown Princess on November 18th. This is my first cruise ever. My fiance and I are super excited about our wedding. I have already learned so much just by lurking and reading posts. You have all been so helpful already.

I have a bit of a PSA. We just learned that Princess raised their rates for DJs during wedding ceremonies and receptions. Hang on to your hats. It's $300 per hour. At least that's the price we were quoted. We were shocked when we heard this. But since you all have been so helpful to me so far, I wanted to put this out there.

thanks.

Congrats! How exciting!!! The Crown is an awesome ship!

Must do's...

Ultimate Balcony Dinner ( if you booked a balcony)- $50.00pp for an excellent lobster dinner. With that you get your picture taken, flowers, appetizers and a desert plate. Ad a bottle of wine or two and you're good to go! What could be better then having a romantic dinner on your private balcony with the one you love & the sounds of the ocean.

Sabatini's $20.00pp or Crown Grill $25.00pp - small surcharge..great food. Make sure to go on an empty stomach to Sabatinis! Alot of food & you'll most likely not be able to finish...but so great!

Call the dining line to reserve.

Be sure to check out the Princess section of CC.

Congrats! How exciting!!! The Crown is an awesome ship!

Must do's...

Ultimate Balcony Dinner ( if you booked a balcony)- $50.00pp for an excellent lobster dinner. With that you get your picture taken, flowers, appetizers and a desert plate. Ad a bottle of wine or two and you're good to go! What could be better then having a romantic dinner on your private balcony with the one you love & the sounds of the ocean.

Sabatini's $20.00pp or Crown Grill $25.00pp - small surcharge..great food. Make sure to go on an empty stomach to Sabatinis! Alot of food & you'll most likely not be able to finish...but so great!

Call the dining line to reserve.

Be sure to check out the Princess section of CC.

Hi Sunsurf!

Thanks so much for the well wishes and the great ideas. My fiance and I are total foodies and Love love love LOVE when people give us great food suggestions. We are definitely going to check all this out. Thanks for the great tips.

Princesa07 - Funny, Sas80 doesn't quote you...she loves to bash me though! It's okay, I can take it. ;)

Ha ha ha, you are hilarious! Always looking to instigate a fight, eh?

I've been at seaworld, San Antonio, since thursday night, just got home..... Sorry, I have other things going on in my life than checking these boards constantly!

Ha ha ha, you are hilarious! Always looking to instigate a fight, eh?

I've been at seaworld, San Antonio, since thursday night, just got home..... Sorry, I have other things going on in my life than checking these boards constantly!

Muah!:p

Archived