'Jewel' in Europe

ruthslaughter

[font=Arial][size=3]We are looking at a cruise in Europe for fall 2005 on the 'Jewel'. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3][i][u]Please[/u][/i], can someone tell me something about the 'Jewel'? [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Is it similiar to the 'Spirit'? Hair dryers? Size of cabins? etc. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]I can't find a diagram of the cabins. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]There is not much on the web about the 'Jewel'. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Is it new? How big is it?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Thanks,[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Ruth[/size][/font]

[quote name='ruthslaughter'][font=Arial][size=3]We are looking at a cruise in Europe for fall 2005 on the 'Jewel'. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3][i][u]Please[/u][/i], can someone tell me something about the 'Jewel'? [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Is it similiar to the 'Spirit'? Hair dryers? Size of cabins? etc. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]I can't find a diagram of the cabins. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]There is not much on the web about the 'Jewel'. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Is it new? How big is it?[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Thanks,[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]Ruth[/size][/font][/QUOTE]

The Jewel is currently being built in Europe, so cabin layouts and pictures are scarce at best. It is modeled after the the Norwegian Star progression of ships (Star, Dawn, and now Jewel) with some changes of course. Size of cabins is comparable to the Dawn. It is comparable in ship size to Dawn and Star. Should you actually take this cruise, it will be practically a brand new ship at the time :)

here's a link to some news and preliminary pics (artist renderings):

[url]http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/s-njewel.html[/url]

Have you seen the deckplans and press releases on the NCL website? Go to 'Fleet', then click on Jewel. You can click on deckplans, room descriptions (pretty much identical to Dawn descriptions,) and by clicking on 'press releases' you can get a fairly detailed description of the ship's special features. Restaurant layouts have changed somewhat (no 3rd main restaurant) pools (indoor and out) increased to 4, gym looks larger, no cinema, sunning areas redesigned (suspect it's an improvement in that area.) These, combined with the artists concept drawings, should give you some idea of what's in store...she looks mighty good to me!

Archived