Taxis at Barcelona airport

We had no trouble getting a minivan at the end of our cruise in May. There were only three of us, but we did have 5 bags and several carry-ons. For your information, though, we were the last group off the ship and had to wait in line about 45 minutes.

We had no trouble getting a minivan at the end of our cruise in May. There were only three of us, but we did have 5 bags and several carry-ons. For your information, though, we were the last group off the ship and had to wait in line about 45 minutes.

Thanks for the info. What ship were you on and what time did you get off the ship. I am doing the Brilliance 16th July sailing.

We were on the Emerald Princess and I can't remember if there were any other ships in port that day. We got off around 10:15 a.m. and were spending a few extra days in Barcelona, so we weren't in a hurry. However, we were surprised how long the taxi line was at that time. I guess LOTS of people were spending extra days in Barcelona! There was no shortage of minivans when it was our turn, so that wasn't a problem. However, since I had my 81 year old mother with me I did wish I had pre-arranged a ride to the hotel so she didn't have to wait so long.

We boarded on the Emerald Princess from Barcelona on the same day we arrived from the airport (9:00 am). dsfischer is right, there were plenty of taxis at the airport and some were minivans. We took a regular taxi and it cost about 20ish euros to get to the pier and the ride was no longer than 25 minutes.

At the time, there were two other ships from Royal Carribean docked at the pier (one was the Voyager).

cgan76 (gantastic.blogspot.com)

Archived