Carnival Glory - 3 Questions

no1uno

Hello,

I'm new to this site and haven't been able to find a definitive answer to three questions about the Glory. Please help.

1. Is there a movie screen on the Lido Deck?

2. Is there a miniature golf course?

3. What brand of coffee is served on the Glory?

I expected to be able to find the answers to the first to on Carnival's website but no luck. The third is because I'm just curious. Thanks in advance for your help. My wife, two friends and I are sailing on the Glory in September and can hardly wait. This site is amazing. I try to keep from looking but I can't help myself. Hours disappear like minutes...

Hello,

I'm new to this site and haven't been able to find a definitive answer to three questions about the Glory. Please help.

1. Is there a movie screen on the Lido Deck?

2. Is there a miniature golf course?

3. What brand of coffee is served on the Glory?

I expected to be able to find the answers to the first to on Carnival's website but no luck. The third is because I'm just curious. Thanks in advance for your help. My wife, two friends and I are sailing on the Glory in September and can hardly wait. This site is amazing. I try to keep from looking but I can't help myself. Hours disappear like minutes...

1. There is no movie screen on the Lido deck.

2. There is miniature golf on the deck above the basketball court. It's very windy when trying to play while the ship is at sea.

3. Not sure about the brand of coffee, but I recall it being very good, especially in the dining room.

Our entire family had a great time on the Glory. Enjoy your cruise!

I will second the vote that I had a great coffee experience on the Glory and I do tend to be very particular about coffee.

Opinions will vary though ~ just as they do on coffee from Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Tim Hortons, etc.

Enjoy the Glory, she is beautiful!

Thanks for the quick responses. I had hoped to be able to watch a movie under the stars. But, now that I think of it, I don't know if I would have committed the couple of hours when I could be exploring the ship.

It sounds like it would be best to play mini golf while the ship is in port then? Does the course get busy? Tell me anything you can as I've never been on a ship with mini golf.

I'm feeling much better about the coffee now. Even without the brand, it seems unanimously good. I don't guess I'll bother bringing coffee aboard.

I've been reading as much as possible about the Glory. Anything you'd like to add? Quiet places, simple pleasures, or must-do's? We're going to western caribbean.

Thanks again!

Just got off Glory last week. Miniature golf equipment can be checked out at the sports/towel desk on lido deck, kept the rest of the day, closes at 5 or 6pm depending on the day. I didn't care for the coffee, it's instant. Creams has good caps and latte's for a couple bucks. Justin Illusion was ok, Craig Carmean was hilarious, 50's, 60's and 70' show was good as well.

After 6pm get used to using level 5 to get from one side of the ship to the other to get around the golden dining room on levels 3 and 4. Have a great trip :)

Thanks for the info Livin4Real. Any other tips? I like to hit the ground running so to speak when I'm on vacation. I'm not above benefitting from a prior cruiser's experiences. I've added Deck 5 after 6:00 to my list of tips. Thanks again!

If possible, book a meal in the Emerald Room Supper Club. The cost is $30pp, but well worth the dining experience. Been there numerous times and never disappointed.

I second this. We were on the Glory in April with another couple and all of our kids. My DH and I went to the Supper Club on a "date" and enjoyed ourselves. Food and service supberb. While waiting for a table we sat at the bar and enjoyed the music and drinks. I let the bartender decide on a drink for me. I love chocolate and he made me a drink called Delightful. It was wonderful!!

Also be sure to enjoy Summer Breeze on Deck 3 Lobby. My DH who does not like to sit and listen to music would sit for an hour or more and listen to them. Even danced with me!

I have heard that the movie screen will be going on the Lido deck at the time of the Glory's next renovation.

Enjoy your cruise.

Also be sure to enjoy Summer Breeze on Deck 3 Lobby. My DH who does not like to sit and listen to music would sit for an hour or more and listen to them. Even danced with me!

I have heard that the movie screen will be going on the Lido deck at the time of the Glory's next renovation.

Enjoy your cruise.

Summer breeze is excellent, as that girl can really sing. Don't know how long they will be on Glory. DW and I liked sitting in the Lobby in the evenings with them and having a glass of wine. Also heard that the Glory will get a big screen next year when she goes to dry dock.

The worst coffee on the Glory is much better than the best coffee on land!:D

I will second that :D !!!!!! I am a coffee drinker but something about a cup while looking out a the sea, just does wonders for that cup whether its good or bad. At breakfast I will drink a cup but usually I get my cup from the specialty coffee shop.

Archived