waverunner tours-Fat Fish Adventures!--the absolute best time!

savannah2117

We were on the Legend and stopped at Grand Cayman on June 3rd. I did the Nativeways tour, however DH and DS and BIL and cousin16 craved more excitement and wanted to ride waverunners. We researched these boards and googled grand cayman to make our decision. As far as I could find, There was 3 different operators in GC that offered waverunner tours. We chose Fat Fish because they -- completely customize your tour based on your interest, provided transportation, did not have back to back tours scheduled to "get back to", had high quality, new waverunners, and were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable on the phone when we called them. Let me say, our research paid off. This was by far the best value for the experience the guys had. Here it is...

(DH says: This was a great excursion. Pete is the owner/operator of Fat Fish Adventures and has been doing different tours for over 15 years. The instructions he gave to the pickup point were excellent. We showed up approx 30 min early just in case there were any hitches. In no time a gentleman crossed the street and introduced himself as Pete and said “Lets go”. We had a 20 min ride to his boat ramp. He proceeded to tell us of his history and pointed out several points of interest on the way. He stopped to pickup some stingray food at a convenient store. My DS16 got a soda and was given Cayman dollars in change (souvenir). Upon arriving at the boat ramp Pete briefed us on safety issues and concerns. Our excursion was suppose to be 2-2.5 hours long but was almost 3.5-4 hours long. We had 3 waverunners and Pete went in a little jet boat. We took turns riding double and then ended up taking turns riding with Pete in the jet boat. (this is also a fun ride). I would think that might be a nice back up option if you had a child along, (or wife!) who got tired on the back. It is bumpy!

Once we hit open water we were almost full throttle the whole time! Pete told us that they usually don't go that fast but he felt that since we all had motorcyle experience and were used to 'rough and tough"!! DS16 and cousin 16 both had a blast and wanted to do this excursion over and over. The further out you go, the choppier and the rougher the ride. Being guys we didn’t care much. But hang on and obey safety rules. One note, you can still do this with little ones but at a much lower speed.

This was my second time to Stingray City and it’s still cool. Pete is very knowledgeable and took time to explain more about stingrays. Feeding them was a highlight. Once they know you have food, they seem to come out of no where. It was great to have just the 4 of us interact with the stingrays. WOW!!

We then left for a private resort beach and bought drinks and hung out. The restaurant had not opened yet or we would have gotten lunch. Next we rode to Rum Point. This is another beach to relax on and food is also available but more expensive than the previous stop. We did not stay because the teens were all about the riding! They weren't interested in relaxing, but this certainly would have been an option.

It was a good ride and a great tour. This was my best experience and best value on any of our cruise excursions. We gave them a generous tip because it was such a great, personalized trip. I believe that Pete also does customized boat tours, either with the jet boats or a bigger boat to stingray city. He also does fishing excursions. It seems like anytime you have a small group and personalized service you will not be disappointed.

Just one last Yahoo!! for Fat Fish Adventures-Pete will give you an incredible memory of your day in Grand Cayman. Thanks again to Pete for finally putting a smile on our 16 year old's face...it's been a while since that has happened!!. :D

• 4 weeks later...

After reading your review, now we really can't wait. We are on the Legend in August and booked a wave runner excursion to Sting Ray City with Fat Fish Adventures. They are rated very highly on trip advisor as well! Thanks for the review!!:)

T&T

Emailed Peter yesterday. The rates are very reasonable for a 21/2 hour trip. For two of us (each with our own jet ski), the costwould be $250.00. This includes Stingray City, snorkeling, and trip to bar/restaurant. Think we'll give it a try. Thanks for steering us in this direction!

Susan

sorry, I've been off the boards for a while.

I believe that solo wave runners were $100 per person for a quoted 2 hour trip that actually turned into 3 1/2 hours! It was $150 if you ride double. ($75 per person). My husband felt that this was the best value of all our excursionss on the cruise. I believe I mentioned in my post, it was just the 4 riders, so everything was customized.

Joni

Archived