Livorno to Field of miracles

Please can anyone help me. 3 Years ago I tried to get a taxi back from the field of miracles (leaning tower of Pisa). As none were available i walked to the main road and a bus came that went to Livorno. I cant remember which bus it was or where it came from. I have tried the bus website but it is in Italian only. I was hoping to take it in July from Livorno to the field of Miracles and then back again. Everyone seems to advise taking port bus, another bus then train and then taxi. I have done this twice before and seeing that there will be 10 of us and 3 are in their 70s this is far too complicated. Cant understand why no one knows about the bus.

Hoping someone can help me out here. Kind Regards.:D

Please can anyone help me. 3 Years ago I tried to get a taxi back from the field of miracles (leaning tower of Pisa). As none were available i walked to the main road and a bus came that went to Livorno. I cant remember which bus it was or where it came from. I have tried the bus website but it is in Italian only. I was hoping to take it in July from Livorno to the field of Miracles and then back again. Everyone seems to advise taking port bus, another bus then train and then taxi. I have done this twice before and seeing that there will be 10 of us and 3 are in their 70s this is far too complicated. Cant understand why no one knows about the bus.

Hoping someone can help me out here. Kind Regards.:D

Here is a schedule for than bus line. In Italian but you should be able to figure it out - at least how frequently (and when) the buses run. I have not taken that bus line for many, many, many years but it was always reliable.

http://www.cpt.pisa.it/orari/extra/linea010.htm

It's really pretty easy to to take the train (run by Trenitalia). Find an english schedule at http://www.ferroviedellostato.it/ferrovie/util/inglese.jsp. The train ride itself only takes about 15 minutes and the trains run quite often between Livorno and Pisa.

The only issue you may have is getting to the Livorno train station from the pier. So to make it easy take a taxi to the train station.

Once you get to Pisa, take the LAM Rossa bus that runs back and forth between the airport and the Field of Miracles. Ask the person as the newsstand at the train station where to wait for the bus so that you don't go to the airport (we did)... you can also purchase your bus ticket from the newsstand. After a 10 minute bus ride you'll be there!

cgan76

My Adventures in Livorno/Pisa/Florence

Archived