Breakfast- Room Service?

I just got back from a cruise and was hoping for an answer to this question. We had ordered room service for breakfast. I saw a limited amount of items on the room service menu and we ordered only that.

I noticed other items served in the Windjammer. Can you request, let's just say pancakes:rolleyes: and write that on the menu order form even though it is not listed?

You may or may not get your request!! I guess it depends on the personnel, their attitude, the other demands for room service breakfast and perhaps the time of service. For us - a special request sometimes has happened and other times, ignored. (Do you really like the 'mystery' scrambled eggs??)

If you write it on your order you may get something special, but I don't think anything hot. We requested chocolate donuts (which they only had at the buffet or dining room) and the guy went up there and got a big plateful for us.

They do the door hangers for continental breakfast. I think it's way more limited for breakfast because so many people like their morning coffee/juice whatever in their cabin before they make themselves presentable and go get real breakfast - imagine doing room service for 3000 people in one 2 hr time span. Less people are in cabin and ordering lunch and dinner - and at night people retire for the night and get a snack at more varied times.

On our cruise, my kids learned early on from a Diamond member we were traveling with that there is rarely a "NO" given to a reasonable request. One night my daughter decided she wanted fruit loops delivered the next morning. I told her it was not on the menu. She said "I KNOW there are fruit loops somewhere on this ship!" and wrote it in. She got her fruit loops the next morning. It can't hurt to ask - the worst they can say is no - and they really hate to say no.

I just got back from a cruise and was hoping for an answer to this question. We had ordered room service for breakfast. I saw a limited amount of items on the room service menu and we ordered only that.

I noticed other items served in the Windjammer. Can you request, let's just say pancakes:rolleyes: and write that on the menu order form even though it is not listed?

We usually call for breakfast in the morning after we wake up. We've never had a problem getting what we want and the food is hotter than expected.

We especially love room service on RCI because we can order a hot dinner. We ordered so many different things on our last cruise that it looked like a whole family was dining with us. Best of all is sitting on our balcony under the moonlight for dinner. My biggest complaint is gaining all that weight.

Archived