RCCL Shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaveral

Can anyone tell me if RCCL operates its shuttle from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral on the day before the ship docks? We're on the Mariner departing 9/12, but are flying down to Orlando 9/11 and staying in Port Canaveral that night, so we're trying to figure out the best (i.e. most economical icon_smile.gif ) way to get to our hotel in Canaveral from Orlando airport that day.

I called RCCL customer service but they were unwilling to answer my question since we booked through a travel agent (and I don't want to bug my travel agent about this yet). Can anyone tell me their experiences with this? There are only two of us traveling, and our flight lands in Orlando mid-afternoon on 9/11.

Thanks so much!

Mariner of the Seas, 9/12/04!!!

Unfortunatley Cruise Ship shuttles/transfers are only avalaible on the day of sailing. If you arrive a day early you will have to find your own transportation or stay over night at teh airport and use the cruise shuttle the next morning.

Some options for you to look at for getting there a day early would be (there are others that are fan favorites on the boards, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

http://www.tiffanytowncars.com/

http://www.mearstransportation.com/

or you might want to think about renting a car.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;05;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

NCL Sun...ALASKA

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 2003; Carnival Spirit 2003; RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 2002; RCCL Voyager of the Seas 2002; Disney Wonder May & Dec 2001; Disney Magic 2001; RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 2000; Disney Magic 1999; Disney Wonder 1999; Carnival Ecstasy 1999; NCL Norway 1998; Carnival Fantasy 1998; NCL Leeward 1997; Commodore Caribe I 1986

Thanks for clearing that up for us, and for the information on some places to rent a car - I appreciate it!

[This message was edited by Snoopy123 on 04-07-04 at 01:48 PM.]

You can rent a car from Avis or Hertz for under $40 bucks. Drive yourself, about 45 minutes and then return the car in Port Canaveral. Rental drop offs are close to the dock and they will shuttle you to a hotel or the dock at no charge.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas

i went for a limo, if you are not to concerned with price, they do offer towncars so you might want to check it out. cant hurt right! it could be a nice surprise!

star cruiser transportation:

phone 407-859-9714

web site www.starcruiserinc.com

email info@starcruiserinc.com

wedding cruise Mariner of the seas nov 28,04

Majesty may 03

voyager jan 01

nordic empress jan 99

Thanks everyone. I think we'll probably be going the Hertz or Avis route; I didn't realize you could do that so cheaply! I figure the less I spend on the car, the more I can spend on pina coladas!!! icon_smile.gif

We just came back from the Mariner in Feb and did the exact same thing, going down a day early. There was only four of us and for the money we booked a limo. It was simple and without all the headaches of playing with the rental cars. We got picked up at luggage claim dropped off at the hotel even stopped by a store for some coronas for the trip. Pain free and started the partying early.

Snoopy, we are going a day early as well and went to Avis for rental. We will return it morning of cruise. They have free shuttle to terminal. And after cruise we take shuttle from terminal to Avis. then to airport. All for less than 40.00 each way

SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS CRUISE 4/19/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;04;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks for all the tips. I was wondering the same thing. We are going a day prior in Jan. I'm going to check out the car rental. That way we can use it the entire day prior and return it the next morning.

Thanks again!!

Sea Ya!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;1;02;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Jan. 05 Mariner of the Sea

Jan. 04 Adventure of the Sea

Jan. 02 Grand Princess

Jan. 00 Monarch of the Sea

Guest OBAYbee

Hmmmmmm, In December 2003 we flew into Orlando a day before our cruise was to leave and DID get a transfer from the airport to CROWNE PLAZA Hotel.

20 of us are flying in the day before we cruise and are having Art's shuttle pick us up and take us back to the airport. It was the best option for us and we liked the idea of not having to worry about the rental cars.

Archived