Drinks On Carnival

Rasta Pirate

I was on RCCI Serenade of the Seas last March and had a frozen drink that was one-half pina colada, and one-half mango daquari. then they topped it off with a shot of dark rum. It quickly became my favorite cruise drink, and I made a point to have a few of them each & every day of the cruise.

This year I have booked the Carnival Miracle, and I'm REALLY hoping I will be able to get this drink again. Does anyone know if Carnival has a name for this drink, or if you can ask for it by recipe? The reason I ask is because the last Carnival cruise I was on (Legend) I was told that all their frozen drinks were "pre-mixed", and they were not allowed to make any from scratch:-(

Can any one give me advice?

The only drink I can think of that Carnival serves "half and half" is the Miami Vice. If you're not familiar with it, it is 1/2 pina colada and 1/2 strawberry daquiri, but I don't remember any rum on the top.....Maybe someone else has more information. I usually drink the BBC's (Baileys Banana Colada).

Enjoy your cruise!

Beth

Rasta, the drink that is half mango daquiri and half pina colada is called a Mango Tango on Royal Caribbean. I discovered that drink on the Rhapsody of the Seas last month. Yummy. Another good one is a three layer swirl of pina colada, mango daquiri and strawberry daquiri. It is called a Love Connection. I don't know if they have them on Carnival or not. The frozen mixes are all premade so I would think that they would have them. Good luck and let me know what you find out....we'll be cruising on Carnival next summer and I would love a Mango Tango again! :)

Julie

When I cruised on RCCL I noticed they did all their drinks with the shot of rum on the top with none in the actual drink. I didn't like it made that way seemed like you didn't get enough rum and it was all on the top.

I know this for sure cause my mother wanted a virgin drink and the guy with the tray said they all are till he adds the rum.

Judy, we thought the same thing about the rum on top of the drink.....there was almost no way to mix it in so the drink seemed weak at first and then it was like getting a shot of alcohol when you got to the end. Anyway, we made friends with the bartenders and they would tell us to drink some of the drink and then they would pour the rum, we would mix, drink a little bit more and then they would pour more rum!!!!!!!! Our drinks were always at least double shots!

Another good drink is the Firecracker....it's a red, white and blue layered drink. It's strawberry daquiri, pina colada and blue hawaiian. Yummy!

Julie

Archived