Chankanaab dolphin video

madiandcindy

Look at post #6 in this link, I'll be putting this to the test and seeing how much it is on Monday when we do ours.:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=790769

This is an absolute fact, at least it was for us. I doubt if you can do much negotiating if there's only a couple of you. As I said in the other post, there were 6 of us, so they were willing to deal.

Good luck! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
I have read that thread several times but it isnt specific to a family, I was hoping to get into on what people paid individually vs a large group.:confused:

I can not speak for Chankanaab but the DVD at Dolphinaris it was $50. It was quite a bit (the most expensive souvenir I bought on our trip). I knew that I would regret not buying it so I bought it anyway. I plan to dub copies for our kids someday as the Dolphin swim was all about them anyway!!:rolleyes:

I can not speak for Chankanaab but the DVD at Dolphinaris it was $50. It was quite a bit (the most expensive souvenir I bought on our trip). I knew that I would regret not buying it so I bought it anyway. I plan to dub copies for our kids someday as the Dolphin swim was all about them anyway!!:rolleyes:

I am curious, why did you choose dolphinaris over chankanab? I cant decide which to do because I would also like to visit nachi cocom.

Well. when I looked at the Carnival Site it really did not specify location. I picked more based on times and the actual excursion than the location. I have been to Chankanaab and snorkeled there before hurricaines is a nice park but I have done snorkeling before. Our main objective was to fit in dolphin time and shopping. It worked very well for us. :)

We were there this past Friday and they wanted $52 for the dvd alone. I ended getting five 5X7 's and the dvd for $125, the dvd is well done and a very nice keepsake. We LOVED the Royal Swim. We booked through Shoretrips, and consequently we were the first people to the park and got primo seats at the beach. We got off the ship and grabbed a taxi, while all the people who booked through the ship were being herded around. The park there is BEAUTIFUL-it was a fantastic day.

The 4 of us did the royal swim. We paid $179 for 6 pictures of each person and the DVD. I tried to get them to come down but they wouldn't. We could've saved money by just buying 3 pictures of each but I wanted all the pics. Also, some people have said their DVD wouldn't play when they got it home but ours worked fine. I love the DVD - so glad we bought it.

Just FYI for anyone who plans on copying their DVD. Seems it won't burn on a computer. You have to use a VCR/DVD combo and go through a couple steps.

First, copy the DVD onto a video cassette. Then, copy DVD's from the video. A little more work but they turn out fine.

Archived