Aeroplan for Canadians

Bummer.....

Is that from now on or just on future cruises? We have some booked so wonder if we get those but not any new ones we book.

You will get anything you have booked now as long as your aeroplan number has been applied but nothing on new bookings after tomorrow. :(

Then I'd better make sure my Aeroplan number is on all of my bookings, hadn't I?

US passengers are eligible, too, by the way.:)

Yes, I know but the information I received was directed at Canadians. There are not that many Americans who have aeroplan so I'm inclined to forget that. :)

Effective tomorrow RCL et al will no longer be giving 200 night aeroplan miles.

M

Thanks for letting us know. Just checked & ours are there for our next 2 cruises - good thing as one is a 13 night one.

You will get anything you have booked now as long as your aeroplan number has been applied but nothing on new bookings after tomorrow. :(

What if your number disappears from the ressie? I know I have had that problem before, and had to apply to get them afterwards.

Was not aware of this.

I have a booked cruise for 2009 with RCL.

Do I give my TA my Aeroplan Plan number.

Where can I get more info. I do not get regular emails from Aeroplan as I discontinued emails from them.

Would appreciate any info that I can check out.

I just called C&A and our 2 European- B2B cruises already had the Aeroplan numbers on them. Just wanted to check. They are 22 and 24 nights, so that is huge for points.

Don't you just love CC? All the wonderful CC people have saved us money and time, with all their suggestions and information over the years!!:) { We never knew we could get a new reduced price on a cabin, been lucky a couple of times.}

Thanks so much again for taking the time to let us know about Aeroplan.

D.

Thanks for this info. I am still waiting for my Aeroplan miles from my March cruise on the Serenade. Just curious, has anyone else found that you have to wait a long time for these points to appear? Many thanks.

Seems it appears retroactively and you find them applied earlier. I think you need to look back to when you booked the cruise.

Here are the sites I kept, that may explain more about it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=430391&page=3

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=430391

"We have received our Aeroplan miles from our cruise last September. I'm not sure exactly when they were posted to our account as we booked in August and they were back-dated to August. I had to go back and look at our August statement to find them."

"About a month after you have completed the cruise, you will be credited with the points but it will be backdated to your original booking date. It will therefore probably not be listed on your statement but your statement will show an increased number of points. You can go on-line and check your previous statements and it should show it on them."

You need to check the date you actually booked your cruise as that is the date they use to post.

This doesn't seem to be public knowledge yet although I don't know why. I'm a TA which is why I know but they only notified us today and not everyone has been notified.

This is expensive for them which I assume is why they are stopping it. They have to pay for the miles. As they are cutting so many things I guess I'm not surprised this has happened.

There notice does state clearly that you can book and apply up until tomorrow so just varify with your TA that your numbers have been applied, or if you booked directly with RCL give them a call and just check to be sure.

M

Thanks for this info. I am still waiting for my Aeroplan miles from my March cruise on the Serenade. Just curious, has anyone else found that you have to wait a long time for these points to appear? Many thanks.

Send a letter to Aeroplan NOW with your booking # and proof that you sailed (photocopy your docs or Seapass card). Also include when you booked your cruise. You only have 6 months after your cruise to claim them, or you lose them. It will then take Aeroplan months to get to your letter, but as long as they receive it before the 6 months are up, you are OK.

You should have had those by now. Do you check back to when you booked?

I can give contact info for anyone who needs it to verify.

You should have had those by now. Do you check back to when you booked?

I can give contact info for anyone who needs it to verify.

We have honestly had nothing but a run around from both RC and Aeroplan (both seem to blame the other!). We have written and called to no avail. When we booked this trip with Air Canada Vacations, we were also promised a bonus of 5,000 miles plus the mileage for the flight to and from San Juan. So far, all we have seen is our flight from Toronto to San Juan.....guess they think we liked it so much in San Juan, we stayed there!!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and advice - we appreciate it!

We have honestly had nothing but a run around from both RC and Aeroplan (both seem to blame the other!). We have written and called to no avail. When we booked this trip with Air Canada Vacations, we were also promised a bonus of 5,000 miles plus the mileage for the flight to and from San Juan. So far, all we have seen is our flight from Toronto to San Juan.....guess they think we liked it so much in San Juan, we stayed there!!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and advice - we appreciate it!

I posted what to do about missing RC points - if any others are missing, log onto Aeroplan's website to see how you can claim them.;) See if you have any proof of your trip as you may need them.

Thank you, thank you. Ran to the phone and checked our bookings; some of them were missing the numbers. We have a number of booked cruises and would hate to lose the points.

We have had to chase after the points but learned here to check back to the date of sail and sure enough the points were posted (after the fact but posted).

Too bad we are losing this opportunity to earn points. Who is pulling the plug? Aeroplan or RCI?

Thanks again

Kathy:)

Thank you, thank you. Ran to the phone and checked our bookings; some of them were missing the numbers. We have a number of booked cruises and would hate to lose the points.

We have had to chase after the points but learned here to check back to the date of sail and sure enough the points were posted (after the fact but posted).

Too bad we are losing this opportunity to earn points. Who is pulling the plug? Aeroplan or RCI?

Thanks again

It will be RCI that is pulling the plug. Just another expense for them and perk for us that's gone.

It will be RCI that is pulling the plug. Just another expense for them and perk for us that's gone.

Too bad. It seems that everything has a price ticket on it these days.

Apparently, NCL is introducing a cover charge for their nightclubs!

Q?

We booked IOS a few months ago for the royal suite. Any Idea how many points we can get for that? I,ll have to ring RCCL and apply our aeroplan # to our booking. If they still would let us do so.

That would be way cool to get some extra points.

Cheers from Beers

Thanks for the heads up..........

200 points per night .... hubby has own number so we ended up getting 200 each... really nice perk...

Had to fight for them in the beginning also... but things have been running smoothly lately......

Next couple of cruises have the numbers attached so I guess we will still get them... but this is a bummer....

Q?

We booked IOS a few months ago for the royal suite. Any Idea how many points we can get for that? I,ll have to ring RCCL and apply our aeroplan # to our booking. If they still would let us do so.

That would be way cool to get some extra points.

Cheers from Beers

They have been giving 200 miles per person per night. It doesn't matter what type of cabin you are in.

Archived