Diamond A104

raysue

We are booked on the Diamond mid June in A104, we booked this room because it looked larger on the deck plans and it looked like the balcony is much larger.

I have read , on this board that somtimes they LOCK THE BALCONY DOORS!!!! G R U M P !!!! We would be most displeased if this happened. There would probablly still be time to change our room if we wanted.

Has anyone seen this room? Maybe have PICTURES????

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks,

Sue

I'm not a lot of help here, but I will confirm that I do remember the threads you're talking about saying there was too much wind and they had lowered the categories on the front of the ship to like a C (the ones that were a BB, not the suites like yours), but I don't see this on their website. Something like the balconies could only be used in ports. So maybe they solved the problem. Although I do think also I remember something that the suites (like A104) wouldn't be affected because they had doors to the balcony on the side instead of (or maybe in addition to) the front. I'm thinking this might have been on the Caribbean Princess, not the Diamond, so maybe it doesn't have the same limitations.

Either way, if you're booking a suite, I'd strongly recommend the aft if there are any available. The balconies are very large even though I've only stayed in BB's. And we were next to a suite (I think a PS or VS) whose balcony was about twice the size of ours with wood furniture and a large table. In back you have no wind, complete privacy, shade since the balconies are even instead of "stacked" like on the side of the ship, a beautiful view of the wake. When we visited people on the Grand with side balconies while moving, I couldn't believe how windy it was. Imagine the front would only be worse. Plus there's theoretically more movement in front (as you impact the waves) than back, although I've never really had problems with it either way. Good luck whatever you choose!

edited - wow, looking at Catmand's pics, your balcony is really limited when at sea. Although the front private area is cool, it looks like no loungers, etc. like the aft ones. I wish I had pics of the suites back there, you can look at my pics (C752) for comparison and just imagine the suites were about double size plus with much nicer furniture:

http://community.webshots.com/album/102025550UlWCMW

marciemi.how are things in Michigan? My brother has a Vet Clinic on 12mile just east of Southfield, been there 42 years. Take a look at the pics on Marilyns link above. I looked into the PS suites mid-ship Caribe, those were very nice. May be somethng the op is interested in?

Cold and yucky and rainy here right now. I'll check out the pics later (I'm on my way to work). I know some people wouldn't book anywhere other than midship for movement and location, although after 2 afts, I wouldn't book if I couldn't get an aft (all right, maybe if someone else paid for it I'd go ;) ). Personally I've never looked at the suites, moving up to a balcony last time was a big jump from the insides we'd always gotten before that. I just knew we had the suite next to us on the aft which seemed really nice which was why I'd recommended it!

Archived