Just booked Diamond Princess for 7/12!!!

dbhome

DH and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this summer and kind of on a whim started batting around the idea of going to Alaska. After reading these forums for a month, we just got a great last minute deal (think they are called flash sales) on a southbound cruise on the Diamond Princess. We leave in just 3 weeks. We had enough frequent flyer miles to get free flights last minute as well. Now if I can just find hotel rooms in Anchorage last minute in the middle of tourist season. . .

DH and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this summer and kind of on a whim started batting around the idea of going to Alaska. After reading these forums for a month, we just got a great last minute deal (think they are called flash sales) on a southbound cruise on the Diamond Princess. We leave in just 3 weeks. We had enough frequent flyer miles to get free flights last minute as well. Now if I can just find hotel rooms in Anchorage last minute in the middle of tourist season. . .

Too much fun! My DH came into the bedroom yesterday and stated 'how do you get on that site?' which was a favorite cruise pricing site. Within 2 hours we were booked on the Coral Princess for 6/30 departure with only 12 days to spare. OH MY GOSH!!!

We got great fare from AK Airlines (only needed one way as we live in Anchorage) and a great price on the cruise - booking in category "HH" obstructed view. 2 days later - we are already upgraded to category "EE". With just over a week to go, i'm in a giddy frenzy!

Good for you folks, you are going at a good time and you will love the Diamond Princess, she is a great ship. If you are going to spend anytime in Vancouver post cruise come on over to the Canada board and we will try to help you out. Have a wonderful time.:)

Archived