Barcelona Flamenco Dinner and Show Recommendations

We went to Tablao Cordobes on Las Ramblas. We did not have dinner there, just did the show. We had booked it with the concierge at our hotel (Le Meridien) and got very good seats. It was very good. The same performers do three shows a night - it is truly remarkable.

Here is the website:

http://www.tablaocordobes.com/En/Principal.htm

We went to Tablao Cordobes on Las Ramblas. We did not have dinner there, just did the show. We had booked it with the concierge at our hotel (Le Meridien) and got very good seats. It was very good. The same performers do three shows a night - it is truly remarkable.

Here is the website:

http://www.tablaocordobes.com/En/Principal.htm

Thanks for the link..we will be in BCN in Nov...

Friends of our just returned from Barcelona and thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommended this Flamenco Bar to us. I don't think this is a restaurant, just a bar, but I see it is highly recommended on Tripadvisor.com too. I copied the info and a review below from Tripadvisor. It is located a relatively short distance from the Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas and is in the Gotic area:

LAS TARANTOS - Plaça Reial 17 Barri Gòtic Barcelona

Las Tarantos is the oldest Flaminco bar in Barcelona!!i think it was in the plaza (great big square 5 minutes walk away from Hotel Continental with loads of restaraunts and bars etc).Anyway,the show started at 8 i think but we were told to arrive early which we did.The place itself was very tucked away,we had been sitting opposite it the night before and hadnt realised it was there!!!But it was beautifull,very small and dark with little round tables and Gaudi style seating areas,you get the picture!!!It was lovely.The show was just fantastic and at 6 euros,you cant knock,but i cant tell you enough how fantastic it was,it was breathtaking,no touristy stuff,just proper flamenco with fantastic music and singing,my friends and i went for pizza after and loved it that much that we went in again for the last show,its even cheeper second time round at 4 euros!!!

I have found 3 dinner and flamenco shows in Barcelona:

El Tablao de Carmen

El Patio Andaluz

El Tablao Cordobes

Does anyone have a recommendation of one that you have attended? I am also interested in the dinner selections as I will have 2 teenagers with me!

Thanks!

BW & I went to dinner at Las Caracoles , as I had eaten there 50 years before, and then went to a Flamenco show. The taxi driver in front of the resturant said 'It's just a half block up there and pointed to it :o

It was a very good show!:)

The 1st time I was there I sat in the chair Henry Ford Jr. had used there!:p I didn't notice the memorbilia the last time.:mad: I don't think the Paella was as good, either.:mad:

BW & I went to dinner at Las Caracoles , as I had eaten there 50 years before, and then went to a Flamenco show. The taxi driver in front of the resturant said 'It's just a half block up there and pointed to it :o

It was a very good show!:)

The 1st time I was there I sat in the chair Henry Ford Jr. had used there!:p I didn't notice the memorbilia the last time.:mad: I don't think the Paella was as good, either.:mad:

Another clue...~70 in years?

We are quite excited to take in a Flamenco show while in Barcelona in July. The show in Montjuic is closed on monday, the only day we'd all be able to go so we're looking into El Tablao de Cordobes. We're also staying at Le Meridien and may contact them prior to our arrival.

My question, is the venue air conditioned? The idea of it being VERY hot in July and being in a small area may be not appealing despite a great show.

Thanks,

Nora

Archived