$10 Island tour at the pier?

terryde

We didnt see a 10.00 tour but there were many for 20.00 and we took one and it was a good tour--they all seem to know each other and seem to give the same tour from what i ve heard from others

We are going in November and wondered if they had any tours available at the pier. Where did the tours go?

Thanks for the help!

When I was there last year I also saw the $20 tour signs... they all seemed to be going to the Turtle Farm, Hell & I'm not sure where else..it was raining the day we were there so we didn't go on any tours..

We were trying to plan something for Grand Cayman, but we'll probably just walk around town, and maybe at the pier, get one of those tours, because we haven't found anything that really catches our eye for GC.

Thanks to the OP for bringing it up.

The later in the day, the cheaper the price. We got our private tour in 2006 was $15 a person. This was after lunch time. The guide had us back in plenty of time to shop and get on a tender to the ship. We did see all the sites and had time at the turtle farm.

I think we paid $20 for an island tour that advertised a tour of Hell, Rum Cake Factory, Seven Mile Beach and the Turtle Farm. What a disappointment. You are packed in a van like sardines. The tour stops in Hell and the Rum Cake Factory for about 15 minutes at each place, then it stops outside the Turtle Farm and anyone who wants to tour the farm can get off and the same with the beach. I believe you have to get your own transportation back to the pier. I would not recommend this tour.

• 3 weeks later...
I think we paid $20 for an island tour that advertised a tour of Hell, Rum Cake Factory, Seven Mile Beach and the Turtle Farm. What a disappointment. You are packed in a van like sardines. The tour stops in Hell and the Rum Cake Factory for about 15 minutes at each place, then it stops outside the Turtle Farm and anyone who wants to tour the farm can get off and the same with the beach. I believe you have to get your own transportation back to the pier. I would not recommend this tour.

Hi,

I agree with the above post. Only our tour this past April was $25pp. We had to tender to the other side of the island due to weather conditions. We took the tour since we had been to GC before & never did a tour. We mainly took the tour since it was going to cost $10pp round trip just to get into town. We thought for the add'l $30 we got to see some of the island.

Have A Great cruise.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

We have already been and back - was $20 for us. We did do this tour on July 9 - there were very nice people at the pier with signs. We were 8 in a clean, comfortable van - not packed in at all! Our guide was very nice and we had as much time as we needed at each location. I wouldn't say this should be the only thing you do (we then snorkeled on our own for several hours), but if you don't like water sports this is a cheap option.

Archived