Dolphin encounter in Nassau

cruisin24

Has anyone been on the RC "Mariner of the Seas' and booked the dolphin encounter off of the ship directly with Dolphin Encounters?? We will be in Nassau Nov 15 on RC Mariner of the Seas and they do not offer a ship excursion for the dolphin encounter, so I am trying to book it myself directly through www.dolphinencounters.com. We are in port from 8-2 and we need to be at the Paridise Island Ferry Terminal for 8:15 as the boat leaves to take us to the encounter at 8:30 a.m. Will we be off of the ship in time? Has it been any ones experience that you arrive in ports usually before the scheduled time or often you arrive late. I really want to do this excursion but must ensure we have time to get off ship and to the ferry terminal in time.

Well that's do-able but still cutting it VERY close. Cruise ships are usually stern hauled into Nassau harbor by tugs so there is a nautical variable present, then you have the typical disembark issues. The cab ride over the bridge to the ferry terminal, which is basically under the bridge on the other side, is like a 3-5 minute deal. But you need to connoiter the ferry terminal which is neither huge nor tiny... There isn't a ferry - dolphin swim option beginning in the 9 AM hour?

Archived