Ruby Princess out of Fort Laudadale

Dorset Cruiser

We are cruising on Ruby in January 2009. We have bought fly-cruises from a TA which include on night pre-cruise in the Intercontinental in West Miami. This has been organised by Princess and not the TA.

Just a few questions which I hope someone can answer for me.

• The Interncontinental West Miami is some distance from Miami Airport. Will Princess transfer us from the airport to the hotel?
  • If not, what is the best way to get to the hotel?
  • How far is the hotel from Miami Beach? My DD wants to take the opportunity to see the art deco buildings in Miami. What sort of return taxi fare would she be looking at?
  • We have a Princess transfer from Miami to Fort Laudadale. Where will the transfer buses go from? When we cruised from Galveston and stayed in Houston Airport Marriott, we had to get back to the terminal to get the transfer bus. Will the same happen at Miami?
  • We have a day room included for the day we fly home to UK, again organised by Princess. Any idea what hotel Princess use for this?
  • Finally, has anyone stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel West Miami? If so, what is it like??

Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks.

Chris

I cannot helo you with the answers but go to the North American Homeport forum, then scroll to East Coast Departures, then florida information. There is a lot of info on the hotels there. That might help you.

Marilyn

Under normal circumstances, when you purchase a Princess package all your transfers are included. That means transfer from airport to hotel to ship to airport/hotel. Unless there's something different about buying a UK package, I should think that you wouldn't/shouldn't be concerned about transfers at all.

Pia

Archived