8c - Under Lido Deck

Hi All, Has anyone had any problems with noise from Lido deck at night or decks directly above/below? We are looking at mid ship 8c on Splendor directly under grille/pizza area. From what I remember on Valor cruise these are not open 24 hours? Any experience is appreciated.

Hi All, Has anyone had any problems with noise from Lido deck at night or decks directly above/below? We are looking at mid ship 8c on Splendor directly under grille/pizza area. From what I remember on Valor cruise these are not open 24 hours? Any experience is appreciated.

Hi, we stay on 8C toward the middle of the ship on many cruises near the Lido restaurant. We love just walking up a few steps right to coffee, tea, lunch, pizza, yougurt, etc. We have heard the scooting of chairs a little above us every once in a while but otherwise not bad with noice above your room or below. It's worth it and after trying this area out on a cruise I've stuck with it each cruise. The pizza is open 24 hours and normally until 4:00am the last day of the cruise. The yogurt/ice cream is open 24 ours too and at the back of the ship on the Lido each night. Let us know if you decide middle of ship on 8C and if it was worth it.:)

The only time we were that high was on the Miracle. We heard a noise maybe 5 times the whole cruise, so it was a non issue for us.

We also liked being so close to the Lido deck, only 1 floor away.

HOWEVER, because of our ships particular design, the next floor juts out a couple of extra feet. We were also under the Lido dining area.

So, instead of being able to look up at an angle to the sky, we just saw more ceiling. Was it an issue? Not really. Just "different". And more "echo"y.

We've had cabins below the Lido deck twice on Victory - 8270 and 8364. The latter is under the Lido restaurant, and the only time we noticed any noise was during the late-night buffet - you could hear people walking overhead going to and from the buffet. I liked the location of both cabins. 8364 had the same issue Pete described - the Lido deck juts out over the balcony.

That was our general location on the Legend (Cabin 8193) last summer. We enjoyed it so much, that we have booked a similar cabin on the Destiny (Cabin 8161) next month. It was under the air-conditioned buffet area, not under the pool/grill area of the the Lido deck. I agree with some of the other posters about the ease of getting to the Lido deck and its buffet. We made access to it even easier by booking our room right behind the elevator wall. We never heard any hall or elevator noises at all, and were literally steps from the stairs and elevator!

It was a good choice for us!

• 1 year later...
Hi, I'm going to be in cabin 8378 on the 25th July sailing of the Splendor so will let you know about noise when I get back.

Sharyn

I am in 8378 on the Triumph in September, so will be really pleased to hear how you got on.

You guys have made me feel better about my cabin choice on Conquest

8420, aft portside, steps away from elevator. Plus our cruising buddies are across the hall inside cabin 8424, backs up to elevator.

We really liked it our last cruise. Its nice being only one floor from the lido

deck. But we were in the front of the ship so there was rooms above us.

If you can find a room that above the seating or the food area I think you will be

fine.

I am in 8378 on the Triumph in September, so will be really pleased to hear how you got on.

Had cabin 8344 on Triumph a few weeks ago. Midship-Verandah Deck. Under outside buffet area/pool deck. Noise was awful:( Scraping of chairs til 3 am. There was only 1 midnite buffet so it wasn't from that. Thinking it was from crew cleaning? Your cabin is further back probably under inside buffet so maybe you won't have as much noise.

I personally would avoid anything under pool/grill area - I have heard complaints (as above) of the scraping of chairs - also dragging of carts and bottles noises due to restocking of the aft bar....If I were on Verandah I would choose the front part so that you would be between 2 floors of cabins.....

Archived