Are you ready for a really long Dawn report?

musicgirl63

I enjoyed your review, thanks for sharing. But I will admit to going to the beginning about 4 or 5 times rereading how many bags and carry-ons you took. And I yell at dh for all his stuff ;D He's a real rookie!

We laugh about the amount of luggage ourselves!! Next time we will really try for less....;) I didn't even come close to wearing 1/3 of my clothes. But hey, a girl needs choices, I never know what I'm in the mood to wear!!!:D

I must say in my defense, our suitcases were not as big as others. I saw some people with MONSTER bags that could have fit 2 of mine it!!! We only have 2 bags that I would consider big and that is in reference to a size that will be allowed on a plane.

We also carried our own snorkel equipment which ended up being a bag of its own for 3 people.

Lorie: Great Review. We just booked the Dawn for 5-17-09 to celebrate my 50th birthday. How were the seas to and from Bermuda? I know it is hit or miss, and they can be flat or rough at any given time. I have to research Bermuda to see what all there is to do. We love the beaches. I have lots of time now.

What part of Columbus are you in? Our DD lives in Dublin. She just got married 6-14. I am hoping we can find a decent deal on Air Tran from Akron/Canton Airport into Laguardia. They have non-stop flights there. Don't think I could take the looonnnnggg Amtrack ride. Like I said, I have lots of research to do for this trip. We are planning on arriving a few days early to enjoy NYC along w/DH brother & wife. :)

Glad you had a wonderful time. A cruise is a great way to celebrate an anniversary! ;)

You are right about the conditions of the sea being hit or miss. The time of the year also has alot to do with it. The seas were not bad on the way out. I really never felt like I was getting motion sick....I unfortunately do get sick. The last day was pretty rocky though, but the ship was moving!!! 2 days to Bermuda, 1 day home...you do the math!! Some say the reason we do 1 day on the way back is because of the current..... According to the bridge reports on the tv, there were virtually no waves....but not according to my body!!!!

If you like beaches, do exactly what we did on our #2 day. Start at Warwick and make your way down the beach to Horseshoe Bay. Lot's of beautiful beaches right in a row.

While flying is definitely a time saver, it really causes a lot of stress for me. I'm not saying that the train was the best choice, but it was definitely cheaper and less stressful! We may or may not do it again.

We live on the border of Upper Arlington. Dublin is very close!!!

LOVED your review - so much great detail! I laughed about the burnt toast - for me that would be an enormous PLUS. My DH is always complaining that I set off the smoke alarm whenever I make toast because I like it "well down" (burnt to some).

Passports have all arrived safely in my hands!!! :D :D :D

As soon as DH has finished I will post the pics so check back!!

Tell the DH to hurry up!! LOL

Would you say the aft BA rooms were wider but shorter than regular BA rooms? It certainly sounds like the shower was bigger than we had on the Pearl if you could fit two in the shower :rolleyes:

Tell the DH to hurry up!! LOL

Would you say the aft BA rooms were wider but shorter than regular BA rooms? It certainly sounds like the shower was bigger than we had on the Pearl if you could fit two in the shower :rolleyes:

Patience my dear, the pictures are downloading to smugmug as I type!!

The only difference in the back aft balcony BA is the balcony. The rooms themselves are identical.

Well, we didn't really try for 2 in the shower with water...but we did stand in there to prove a point!!

5251314_KxjbB#319386187_aAWpX

I'm trying to post a picture here....5251314_KxjbB#319386187_aAWpX-A-LB5251314_KxjbB#319386187_aAWpX-A-LB

319386187_aAWpX-M.jpg

sea glass beach has some caves on the right hand side where the glass is

319381614_nX6fc-M.jpg

This is the beach looking from the street. Alexandra Battery is to the right, you can see part of it in the background

The caves are by the cement dock.

Thank you, Is sea glass beach in hamilton? Is this a nice beach to stay for the day or just look around for sea glass? My daughter collects sea glass and will love to go. Thanks again

The beach that we went to is in St. George. It is right next to the Alexandra Battery. To find this on a map, look at the very top of it, look for St. Catherine's beach/fort. If you follow south-east, you'll find Alexandra Battery.

I don't think any sea glass is in Hamilton. Mainly because Hamilton is not on the outside of the island. The sea glass for whatever reason accumulates near Alexandra Battery.

Balcony-awesome!!! this BA balcony is 12 ft by 8 ft., approximately. We did measure, but it was difficult. You can see about 1 foot of the lower balconies. We saw fellow CC cruisers in some of them!!! We had 2 long longers and a small table. The BA balconies below us were bigger than normal balconies, but not as deep as ours. Plus they only had chairs and no loungers....not that I was looking...... We also kept on of the room tables on the deck as well.

Would that be 12 ft. wide by 8 ft. deep or 8 ft. wide by 12 ft. deep?

One more spa package question.

I understand about a not deep lap pool, but what is the difference in the jacuzzi and the hot tub? I'm wondering if there is something with really strong jets. Celebrity has a thalossotherapy pool on many of its ships, and it's fabulous. Nothing like a hot tub. Anything like that?

One more spa package question.

I understand about a not deep lap pool, but what is the difference in the jacuzzi and the hot tub? I'm wondering if there is something with really strong jets. Celebrity has a thalossotherapy pool on many of its ships, and it's fabulous. Nothing like a hot tub. Anything like that?

Well the hot tub was hotter with jets and the jacuzzi (that's what we called it) had jets, but it also had a metal bed to lay on in the water, does that make sense????

Archived